Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: J!WHMCS Integrator version 1.5.1

J!WHMCS Integrator version 1.5.1 7 years 2 months ago #2108

• siteadmin
  • Administrator
I am pleased to announce the release of J!WHMCS Integrator version 1.5.1!

If you have purchased J!WHMCS Integrator, please log in and go to your Products page, click on JWHMCS Integrator and you will see the new version available for you to download.

New Installation Instructions:
1) Extract the archive to your local machine
2) Install the com_jwhmcs and the three plg_jwhmcs items as normal in Joomla
3) Enter your configuration parameters in the component parameters area PRIOR to enabling any of the plugins or uploading the remaining files
4) Once configured, upload the files in the WHMCS.zip file to your WHMCS install. If you aren't sure about the settings you used, upload only the root jwhmcs.php file to your root WHMCS install folder. Then verify the settings by visiting your Joomla admin area and clicking on "Check Install". If all is green, you can upload the last file.
5) Upload the file located in the includes/hooks folder to the whmcsroot folder/includes/hooks.
6) Upload the tpl files to your template, making any backups before overwriting as necessary.

Upgrade Instructions:
1) Extract the archive to your local machine
2) Install the com_jwhmcs into Joomla, this will upgrade your component.
3) Uninstall the plugins you have, and reinstall with the new ones, being sure to enable them.
4) Upload the files in the WHMCS.zip file to your whmcs root folder.

Features
Here is a quick run down of the changes made since the initial release:

New Features:
+ User Manager - Now you can see which users are matched up to which WHMCS users
+ Find users to match accounts up to
+ Break matchups if they are made in error
+ Add new accounts in either WHMCS or Joomla if they don't have one
+ Group Manager - Now you can assign individual Joomla users to one single WHMCS account (for corporate or business customers that need multiple logins on the same account)
+ Sync Manager - Resynchornize your WHMCS user data to your Joomla users
+ Check Installation - now you can check your installation from within Joomla, to be sure the API username / password is working correctly

Authentication Plugin:
+ Verify a user's credentials in WHMCS prior to logging into Joomla
+ Ability to login with either Joomla (username/password) or WHMCS (email/password) credentials
+ Options to automatically create new users in WHMCS or Joomla if they don't already have accounts

Bug Fixes:
+ When SSL enabled, template pages broken (fixed)
+ Password change in Joomla doesn't change password in WHMCS (fixed)
+ When Joomla installed on a subdirectory, template doesn't pull correctly (fixed)
+ A user has mutliple entries in the crossreference datatable and the worng one is used (fixed)
Steven | Go Higher
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator version 1.5.1 7 years 1 month ago #2111

• Dan.Mumby
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I thought I'd post a reply about the new J!WHMCS Synchronizer.

I can't yet give it a full rundown, as the site we are developing hasn't gone live yet, and therefore has no real WHMCS users. however, it looks promising.

I'm especially interested in the new user sync functionality that allows multiple joomla users to be synced to a WHMCS login.

The new match and add users functionality looks good, as do the Group Manager, and installation check features.

We particularly like the ability to automatically create new users in WHMCS or Joomla

One observation about J!WHMCS User manager that is worth mentioning.

It might be worth adding future functionality for J Super admins (or admins) to be matched up whmcs admin users, rather than just WHMCS frontend users

we still seem to be dealing with minor errors, that apear come from configuration errors. These relate to the sketchy or vague instructions regarding the 'ghost' menu (as best we can gather).

However, keep up the good work. We see great promise for this bridge.

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator version 1.5.1 7 years 1 month ago #2116

• siteadmin
  • Administrator
Thanks Dan,

Regarding the added functionality in the backend of the component, that is my hope, that some of the functionality that is available to the backend of WHMCS will eventually be brought over to the Joomla side. A client of mine [url=http://scopedesign.com:e1nvprnj]Scope Design[/url] has actually taken what I built and created a simple quote manager for his customers. It allows the addition of quotes, accepting of quotes etc from within Joomla, so he can control the look and feel and still generate the invoices he needs and the quotes his customers need. It really is neat, and if anyone is interested, please contact him about it.

Thanks again for the feedback, it's most useful. :)

Steven
Steven | Go Higher
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds