Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0

J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 10 months ago #2235

• siteadmin
  • Administrator
After many months of development, a complete rework of the core processing system, weeks of beta testing and over two dozen live installations, I am pleased to announce the release of J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0!

What's New In 2.0?
* Class File System - Makes updates and expansion easier and flexible
* Installation Wizard - Makes installation and upgrade more simple, less stressful
* Secure Form Redirection - Securely redirect your users to the WHMCS login gateway
* Caching - Quickly render your WHMCS site to your customers
* Ajax Backend Checking - Use Ajax to immediately know if your API settings are valid
* Sync Manager - Faster rebuild of the WHMCS user table
* Check Install - More useful and helpful information provided
* iWHMCS Application Support - Now you can use your iWHMCS application without breaking your integration

Upgrading from 1.5.x
If you are currently running 1.5.x, you can download your copy by visiting your Products and Services on the Client Menu to the right. You will need to copy your license number for installation!. Version 2.0 now utilizes licensing that will require a valid license to be entered at installation. Please note! If your installation of WHMCS is accessible via two domains and you intend to utilize both domains live, you MUST open a support ticket and inform us of this so we can update your license. An example of this is if WHMCS is located at [url:arcmw41o]www.yourdomain.com/whmcs[/url] and [url:arcmw41o]whmcs.yourdomain.com[/url].

Troubleshooting
Please consult the knowledge base first to see if your issue has been addressed. If not, please open a support ticket. I ask you to please be patient, your ticket will be addressed in the order it is received.
Steven | Go Higher
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 10 months ago #2240

• Denny
  • Junior Boarder
Glad to see version 2.0 has been released. Ive really been wanting to have both Joomla and WHMCS and its looking possible now.

There are a few things i noticed.

- Client Login box (right side) This is a module and i can rename the title ?
- Client Menu. Not all the WHMCS Portal items are there, can they be added or enabled ? how does that work ? (print screens!)
- I had originally signed up on the old version and my Details were never correctly transfered to WHMCS db, is this fixed in 2.0 ?
- When i edit my Details it shows the client id field why ?

thats it for now.

Will you release a user guide or have a Wiki ?

thanks
Bluebird Internet Services
Web Hosting & Design, Domain Registration & SSL certificates
[url:2lsgn10f]www.bluebirdnet.ca[/url]
Web hosting - simplified.

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 10 months ago #2241

• siteadmin
  • Administrator
The Client Login box on the right is a new add-on module that will allow your users to login using this form from either Joomla or WHMCS. In addition, when they are logged in, it will retrieve their WHMCS account info from either Joomla or WHMCS. If they don't have a WHMCS account yet, it will render the default Joomla greeting box.

The Client Menu is actually nothing more than a menu created in Joomla and assigned to appear on the logged in pages. There is a knowledge base article on how to do that Found Here

I believe I understand what you are referring to - that was a bug that caused the Joomla registration to proceed but not the WHMCS registration, and when you signed in it ported the user info in as the default generic info. I believe that has been resolved, as it hasn't been reported in the beta testing. In addition, you can point registrations to either J!WHMCS Registration page or the WHMCS registration page.

The Account ID was incorrectly showing - that was a test I did for a development project a couple of months ago and forgot it was active. I have removed it (thanks for the catch).

I am hoping to get time to get the wiki done, as for a user guide, I'm probably going to throw everything into a wiki initially. The wiki under development is located at: [url=http://wiki.jwhmcs.com:1l3ef458]http://wiki.jwhmcs.com[/url], but it is far from complete, and none of the 2.0 info is accessible yet from the main page there.
Steven | Go Higher

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 10 months ago #2242

• Denny
  • Junior Boarder
siteadmin wrote:
The Client Menu is actually nothing more than a menu created in Joomla and assigned to appear on the logged in pages. There is a knowledge base article on how to do that Found Here

Ok i read the knowledge base article, thanks did not think of looking there. But i noticed you have some of WHMCS's links in your joomla topmenu. How are those created? is there a "Menu Item Type" where i can select the WHMCS page i want to point too?

Another thing my site has another login box called "mod_signallogin " , will this work ?

thakns

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 10 months ago #2243

• siteadmin
  • Administrator
I have seen that module login box on another install, though I can't recall exactly where in order to track down how it is working. I recall there being some issue with it, however it may have been an issue with other javascript libraries conflicting with jQuery also.

The top items are the same as the side menu - just External Links pointing directly to the page you want to go to in WHMCS.
Steven | Go Higher

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 10 months ago #2251

• tldagent
  • Expert Boarder
Ok i read the knowledge base article, thanks did not think of looking there. But i noticed you have some of WHMCS's links in your joomla topmenu. How are those created? is there a "Menu Item Type" where i can select the WHMCS page i want to point too?

Another thing my site has another login box called "mod_signallogin " , will this work ?
You do like you would normally do when adding external links in Joomla. Even though you are linking directly to the WHMCS Installation, the template integrating is full. It's not framed in so I don't believe you'll be able to access WHMCS in a way where it wouldn't be framed like you can with framing it in. The template integration is what makes this a great product. The authentication is just a bonus IMHO.

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 9 months ago #2271

• Denny
  • Junior Boarder
tldagent wrote:

You do like you would normally do when adding external links in Joomla. Even though you are linking directly to the WHMCS Installation, the template integrating is full. It's not framed in so I don't believe you'll be able to access WHMCS in a way where it wouldn't be framed like you can with framing it in. The template integration is what makes this a great product. The authentication is just a bonus IMHO.

ahh ok thanks!

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 9 months ago #2281

• Denny
  • Junior Boarder
Steven,

Are the install instructions in your knowledgebase http://client.gohigheris.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=2 current for version 2.0 ?

thanks

Re:J!WHMCS Integrator 2.0 6 years 9 months ago #2284

• siteadmin
  • Administrator
:blush: Not yet :blush:

I'm still working on getting all the documentation completed and correct. I know the 1.5.3 instructions don't apply 100% to 2.0. Integrator 2.0 got rushed out before I could get the documentation complete and now I'm getting those wrapped up.
Steven | Go Higher
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds