Major announcement from Go Higher Information Services  Read More
Toggle Bar

Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: J!WHMCS 2.2.4 - Update for Sub Accounts - Mandatory Upgrade!

J!WHMCS 2.2.4 - Update for Sub Accounts - Mandatory Upgrade! 6 years 3 months ago #4223

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
:(ATTN: DO NOT UNINSTALL YOUR COMPONENT to upgrade. Read on!

Hi all. Thanks to one of our members we discovered a security flaw within our sub-account integration in Joomla.

Nature of Security Flaw
Basically when a sub account is created and the sub account is assigned to a WHMCS account number. What is happening is the WHMCS account number is being confused with the WHMCS sub-account number. Potentially, a sub-account could login and be confused with the same WHMCS account number allowing the sub-account access to an entirely different WHMCS account with the same number. This update fixes this and is considered a Mandatory and Critical Update!

Important and Related Links:
Some other helpful links:
  • Before Installing JWHMCS - This covers basic pre-installation of JWHMCS and setting up WHMCS correctly to be integrated.
  • Canonical URLs - This is a very important blog post about canonical URLs and your website. Typically overlooked by many webmasters but is a very important part of login cookies and avoiding duplicate content.
Simple Upgrade Procedure:
DO NOT uninstall your component to upgrade. We've programmed our components and modules to update rather than having to install and reinstall.
  • Download JWHMCS
  • Unzip locally
  • Log into your Joomla administrator site and go to the Extension Manager located under Extensions > Install / Uninstall.
  • Locate the com_jwhmcs_v224.zip archive file found under the JWHMCS/components folder that you extracted earlier.
  • Click Upload File & Install and allow the Joomla Extension Manager to install the component
  • Complete the automated Installation Interview
  • Install the new client login module over top the previous one.
Professional Upgrade Service - $10.00
If for some reason you want us to handle the upgrade for you on a first come first served basis, you can purchase this as a product add-on. Upgrades for Split Server installations are $35.00 - (we don't recommend split server installs).

When in doubt or if for some reason you are having trouble upgrading yourself, follow this installation guide, which will guide you through all the steps of installing. Remember, you don't have to uninstall to upgrade, just install like you would any other Joomla component.

Thank you for continuing to use the JWHMCS Integrator and please do upgrade your installation to 2.2.4 ASAP, especially if you are using sub-accounts.

[align=center:3k0j8k65][/align:3k0j8k65]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FREE Upgrade for first person to reply! 6 years 3 months ago #4224

• Justin
  • User is blocked
Hey all, I'd like to do an update tutorial so if you are not a split server install and are interested in a free upgrade, all you have to do is respond to this post allowing me to do a video tutorial for YouTube as I upgrade your JWHMCS Integrator.

Obviously, certain private information will not be shown on the tutorial but folks will be able to see your site and the upgrade process. I'll then follow up and post a link here in this thread and in our video tutorial section.

Thank you! OH, and post must be more than 16 characters long. Just follow up by opening a support ticket with your login credentials and we'll get you upgraded ASAP!

Re: FREE Upgrade for first person to reply! 6 years 3 months ago #4225

• jacksun
  • Fresh Boarder
Sounds good Justin, go for it and let me know where I can see the finished product.

Wayne

Re: J!WHMCS 2.2.4 - Update for Sub Accounts - Mandatory Upgrade! 6 years 3 months ago #4228

Does this work on Joomla 1.6 Yet.

Re: J!WHMCS 2.2.4 - Update for Sub Accounts - Mandatory Upgrade! 6 years 3 months ago #4229

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
@Mark

Version 2.24 does not work for Joomla 1.6, however the Version 2.30 BETA is designed for Joomla 1.5 and 1.6. You can download the beta here.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

Re: FREE Upgrade for first person to reply! 6 years 3 months ago #4233

• Justin
  • User is blocked
jacksun;4225 wrote:
Sounds good Justin, go for it and let me know where I can see the finished product.

Wayne
Thanks a bunch Wayne. Video added to our Video Tutorials, and to Youtube, and to this post and the original. Thanks for allowing us to use your upgrade for a tutorial.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds