Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WHMCS version 5.2.1 support

WHMCS version 5.2.1 support 3 years 8 months ago #6375

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
This is being posted to notify all of our customers of our current status and our recommendations on upgrading.

As everyone knows, WHMCS released version 5.2.1 to the public today. I personally feel this was a bit early as even in the release product there are a couple of bugs that weren't addressed from the beta stage. Of particular concern is the ability to modify the API Allowed IPs list in the settings - it seems I am not the only one unable to set the IP address in the field.

However, this is a minor issue compared to others that directly affect our product. Here is what we have found so far:
  • All API calls to create and manage users still seem valid and okay.
  • All template files seem to be consistent from 5.1, no major changes there.
  • MAJOR ISSUE - Rendering has been changed partially by WHMCS. This so far seems to affect only going to the 'clientarea.php' page (or page that is redirecting to a login form). What you will see is a white screen of death unless you have error reporting turned on in WHMCS. This is due to a significant change in the way WHMCS handles template rendering, but only on that one page for whatever reason.

At this time please DO NOT upgrade WHMCS on your sites as we CANNOT support version 5.2.1 yet. We are working hard to find a solution and will post a follow up on this thread when we do.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Irini.Maragkaki.343e

WHMCS version 5.2.1 support 3 years 8 months ago #6381

• Steven
  • Administrator
Quick update on this issue:

The fix I will be posting today will REQUIRE PHP version 5.3 or above.

Again, REQUIRE PHP 5.3 or above!

I know most are already current, but if you are still using PHP 5.2 your site will not be wrapped.

Options at this point will be:
1) Update PHP to version 5.3
2) Roll back WHMCS to version 5.1.4 while we get J!WHMCS 2.5 / Integrator 3.1 worked up.

I know for some of our customers this is not an ideal solution, however WHMCS made a significant programming change that is making the visual rendering near impossible to perform in our current method.

Future versions of J!WHMCS and I3 are planned to handle the template rendering slightly differently, which should make backwards compatibility capable once again.

WHMCS version 5.2.1 support 3 years 8 months ago #6382

• Steven
  • Administrator
J!WHMCS Integrator version 2.4.14 Released

We are pleased to announce the release of J!WHMCS Integrator version 2.4.14 which is being released to support WHMCS version 5.2.1. To download, please log in and visit: www.gohigheris.com/customer-downloads/jwhmcs/v2.4.14

Important note
You must be running PHP version 5.3 on your server for this update to work. If you have not yet upgraded your version of PHP, please do so now. Failure to take this step will result in your site not being wrapped or may result in unforeseen errors. If you are unable to upgrade PHP, then you must roll back WHMCS to version 5.1.4 for the time being or uninstall the product until J!WHMCS Integrator version 2.5 is released (no ETA currently available).
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds