Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: So Far, Not Impressed

So Far, Not Impressed 6 years 6 months ago #3686

• ductape
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I paid and installed. It seem to go OK except for the license was called out as invalid. I copy/pasted it from my account page and did this several times to be sure it want my mistake.

I can't really review the product itself because trying to purchase the product and get support is a complete hassle and not working. Honestly, why such a complex license system? Afraid of pirates? Many software companies just dont worry about it and sell plenty of their product anyway.

Truth is, you wouldn't loose as much money as you are loosing customer good-will with a broken license system.

I also noticed the product available for download in the account area is an oldr version, while on the forum a newer version is announced as stable and only available for download through a forum post. This seems very unclear and lacking in thoroughness from the team here.

I also experienced many problems with user accounts and logging in. Several times I was told my login info was incorrect when it wasn't, and ended up trying to create a new forum account to post here. After completing the registration page, I get a v-bulletin database error page, but the account worked. Later on my main account worked here also, after many tries and being redirected and kicked out. Very confusing mess of a website here does not encourage me.

I just hope they leave this post up and respond to it properly.

EDIT: My purchase we refunded.

JUSTIN: What I posted above is a true reflection of what I have experienced. If you want to weather a less than shiny review and et it right, we can do that. Or you can just refuse service to me. I honestly do hope we can move through this with a little grace.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

So Far, Not Impressed 6 years 6 months ago #3687

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
ductape;3686 wrote:
I can't really review the product itself because trying to purchase the product and get support is a complete hassle and not working. Honestly, why such a complex license system? Afraid of pirates? Many software companies just dont worry about it and sell plenty of their product anyway.
You purchased this today and you tried to get support today which was answered and you even bumped your ticket which sent it back on the list anyway.

Just and FYI, you purchased this product today at 10:51 AM today. You opened your first support ticket at 12:26 PM (noontime Today) and bumped your ticket at 12:57 PM (also today) and your support ticket was answered after taking a look at your system at 1:22 PM all on the same day. It's currently 1:37 PM.
ductape;3686 wrote:
Truth is, you wouldn't loose as much money as you are loosing customer good-will with a broken license system.
Actually, you are being hosted on a server with some over-controlling permissions that don't allow for license check due to throwing an error on your own URL of 0.
ductape;3686 wrote:
I also noticed the product available for download in the account area is an oldr version, while on the forum a newer version is announced as stable and only available for download through a forum post. This seems very unclear and lacking in thoroughness from the team here.
We're a team of two with jobs and and families and we are fully aware of the work that needs to be done on our site.
ductape;3686 wrote:
I also experienced many problems with user accounts and logging in. Several times I was told my login info was incorrect when it wasn't, and ended up trying to create a new forum account to post here. After completing the registration page, I get a v-bulletin database error page, but the account worked. Later on my main account worked here also, after many tries and being redirected and kicked out. Very confusing mess of a website here does not encourage me.

I just hope they leave this post up and respond to it properly.
Well, no worries.

Here's the solution. I've refunded your $$ and I'm suggesting you find an alternative solution for all your woes.

Sorry your needs were not met in the expected time and order you needed them to be. I'm sure you'll find another solution as ours is just not going to fit the bill. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and happy new year.
ductape;3686 wrote:
EDIT: My purchase we refunded.

JUSTIN: What I posted above is a true reflection of what I have experienced. If you want to weather a less than shiny review and et it right, we can do that. Or you can just refuse service to me. I honestly do hope we can move through this with a little grace.
You weren't refunded because of your review, honest reviews are appreciated and will be left in tact. You were refunded because I don't believe we can please you no matter what we do. It's been 4 hours since you purchased this product and you've blown your top.

I addition, you've threatened to post bad reviews about us on WHMCS and in the Joomla extension directory.

If you wanted a little grace you should have displayed a little grace.

Re: So Far, Not Impressed 6 years 6 months ago #3735

• Cooca
  • Junior Boarder
@ductape
Honest review it maybe, but no one will take to heart what your trying to convey when you haven't even given the product half a chance.

I'll admit we had issues when we first started with JWHMCS, and this website was one of them...
...that said we persevered and we figured out how the software works and how to use it, something you clearly have not and can not do.

And pleeeeeease:
why such a complex license system? Afraid of pirates? Many software companies just don't worry about it and sell plenty of their product anyway.

You have got to be kidding me if you think a decent license system isn't needed in order to protect your software, I mean how naive are you? Even having a decent license system doesn't protect your product these days!

"Many software companies just don't worry about it" - I just had to lol at this line! ;)

Thanks for the review, but as a user that has had complete success with JWHMCS because we spent a little time learning how it works, I don't think I'll be looking for your words of wisdom again.

Re: So Far, Not Impressed 6 years 5 months ago #3835

• synnyzter
  • Junior Boarder
I agree with Cooca. I think the licence system is an absolute must for such a product and also reflects the talent of the coders. Many software programmers don't offer it because most scripts are not as high quality and complex as this one thus it is not cost effective.

As for the support, I believe it is top notch. You may or may not have much experience trying to get online support but any same day support is fantastic, let alone within so few hours. Not even my web host which is one of the largest has support that fast.

Constructive criticism is never a bad thing but while this script is easy for some, it may seem complicated to others, and I for one can tell you Justin would have gladly helped with the install, any issues, if they in fact could be accomplished per your server/software environment....

It's a shame you didn't give it a chance, I have been running it for several months now and I have not had a single hitch since the install (which Justin helped with). My advice, if you want WHMCS in your Joomla environment, give it a chance and you will come to love it as I do.

Re: So Far, Not Impressed 6 years 5 months ago #3837

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you both for your comments and support for our product. We do the best we can to respond as quick as possible. We all know what it's like to have a site down due to a product but when that downtime is effecting your customers abilities to access their account or pay their invoices, well that effects more than just our client directly.

I had a situation a couple years back with Hostgator on their support, (They are my favorite hosting company). What happened was all support tickets were pooled and answered in the order they were received. At the time I had a dedicated server and still do and those tickets were in the same pool with the tickets submitted by Baby Croc customers which is about $109 per year, (I also have one of those) LOL. So my server was down for nearly seven hours so all my clients were down and I nearly blew my top when I found out that dedicated server customers were going into the same pool. I raised enough eyebrows that they have since changed that procedure and everything is no OK. So, both Steven and I don't want to put our clients in the same position that I've been in.

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that we're not perfect but we're doing the best we can with what we have to work with. We'll continue to work hard and improve this product and your kind words are most appreciated. Thank you both!

Re: So Far, Not Impressed 6 years 5 months ago #3838

• synnyzter
  • Junior Boarder
While I will agree that downtime is not acceptable, we all missed one major point in basic web design/development... Never make changes on a live site until you have tested it first. Yeah we threw it on mine live but, I knew either me or you would figure it out quickly but which we did, but every major change I make to any site, clients and my own, I do it locally, or on a test live site. If you hit a snag, no big deal. Once you get it working right, you are good to go. Web 101.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds