Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Change WHMCS directory

Change WHMCS directory 5 years 10 months ago #4047

• GooRu
  • Fresh Boarder
I have realized it would be be smart of me to change the name of the root install folder of whmcs. I understand I need to make that change in the general settings that points to the system folder and to update with WHMCS home site, but I am concerned that JWHMCS needs some config as well?

I've not done this yet (I have changed the name of the admin folder and moved some other folder out of the public folder, everything still works)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Change WHMCS directory 5 years 10 months ago #4049

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

If you want to change your WHMCS directory, you can change it to whatever you want but you'll have to reissue your license via WHMCS so it doesn't produce invalid license. Do this right after you change it. Then you'll want to change all your URLs in WHMCS settings to correctly point to the new directory.

Once it's working correctly, you can go in and delete your jwhmcs client menu and hidden menu and then go back through the Installation interview by adding: index.php?option=com_jwhmcs&controller=install&task=interview to the end of your joomla administrator URL. This will re-create those menus and ask you to put the correct URL to whmcs in the fields, thus integrating with your URL change.

Re: Change WHMCS directory 5 years 5 months ago #4768

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your help previously and the recent upgrade.

I have changed my whmcs directory and done the necessary stuff on that side and appears to be working fine.

I Joomla/JWHMCS I have updated the licence, settings and menu items. I have cleared the cache in Joomla and WHMCS settings and am still receiving problems - when I go to view any of the integrated WHMCS pages jwhmcs is still trying to access the old pages for some reason and if I try to run the file above I also get an error.
You can view the issue by looking at: [url:2gf6nige]www.tesupe.com.au/members/[/url]

Hoping you can assist. Thanks, Max

Re: Change WHMCS directory 5 years 5 months ago #4769

OK - found the fix.

It is a setting in the WHMCS database (that for some reason didn't update when changing in the settings admin area).

Update tblconfiguration > SystemURL to the new URL and it works.
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds