Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Paypal Payments and Subscriptions

Paypal Payments and Subscriptions 4 years 11 months ago #5293

• steemer473
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for such a great product! I have a general question concerning setting up paypal as a payment option. I see within your client portal/billing that GoHigher uses paypal as a payment option. I am considering offering paypal as an option. I have opened a new account, i believe it is called paypal business standard but with my current configuration, it doesn't appear to work. More specifically, there is no select box to choose your payment option when the customer tries to pay the emailed invoice and also from whmcs backend the 'attempt capture' button is disabled.

I would like to setup billing terms where a one time set up fee and recurring payments is set up for my products; Similiar to your set up for billing of go higher subscription. To set this up did you use a regular paypal account like the one I am using or did you have to upgrade paypal pro to work with subscriptions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Paypal Payments and Subscriptions 4 years 11 months ago #5294

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Took a while to find, but we use the Website Payments Standard for PayPal

I find that PayPal does not make it very clear exactly on what the differences are between the various types of accounts. I think the issue they have in explaining their services is that they are basically the same as eBay, and they don't see why everyone isn't also paying eBay fees (at least that's my guess).

If they were more clear for businesses who simply need to use PayPal to accept payment as a gateway for an online solution OTHER than eBay, it would be helpful.

That being said, we just have a standard account - but I don't recall all the details in setting it up. I know WHMCS has a step by step on doing this on their site, so I would encourage you to take a look at that and see if it is of any help also.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

Re: Paypal Payments and Subscriptions 4 years 11 months ago #5295

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
steemer473;5293 wrote:
I would like to setup billing terms where a one time set up fee and recurring payments is set up for my products; Similiar to your set up for billing of go higher subscription. To set this up did you use a regular paypal account like the one I am using or did you have to upgrade paypal pro to work with subscriptions?
OK, just to follow up, you can use Paypal Payments Standard for subscriptions to purchases through your client portal. The big difference in Standard and Pro is that Standard must have PayPal account for automated subscriptions. If the customer doesn't have a PayPal account, then they cannot have auto pay subscriptions because the only way to stop a subscription payment is by logging into PayPal, thus the need for the PayPal account.

With Payments Pro you can accept subscriptions from anyone with a credit card accepted by PayPal. You would also need an SSL Certificate to use this method. An SSL is recommended either way.

Here's some helpful links:

Re: Paypal Payments and Subscriptions 4 years 11 months ago #5296

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Justin;5295 wrote:
OK, just to follow up, you can use Paypal Payments Standard for subscriptions to purchases through your client portal. The big difference in Standard and Pro is that Standard must have PayPal account for automated subscriptions. If the customer doesn't have a PayPal account, then they cannot have auto pay subscriptions because the only way to stop a subscription payment is by logging into PayPal, thus the need for the PayPal account.

With Payments Pro you can accept subscriptions from anyone with a credit card accepted by PayPal. You would also need an SSL Certificate to use this method. An SSL is recommended either way.

That makes sense :)
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds