Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Just need a simple WHMCS login from Joomla v3.x

Just need a simple WHMCS login from Joomla v3.x 2 years 4 months ago #6947

• jom
  • Fresh Boarder

Been searching for this all day.

I don't want to do anything in the way of user integration between WHMCS (newest version) and Joomla (newest version), other than to simply allow site visitors to use the Joomla login form to access their WHMCS accounts. I know this can be worked out in scripting through use of a POST method, but I'm not sure how to utilized Joomla's pre-built in login form for this.

I've gotten close, but they will all take the visitor to the WHMCS page without carrying over the user ID (email address for WHMCS) and password that has been entered on in the Joomla form.

It's seems you have one really simple module to do this, which folks over at the WHMCS form have pointed out. see:

But what throws me is this part of the description:

"he WHMCS AutoAuth for Joomla! plugin allows you to log your users in automatically to WHMCS once they have authenticated in Joomla,"

That is, "...once they have authenticated in Joomla,". You see, I don't want a registered user base on the Joomla side at all, and I certainly don't want any user data to come over to the Joomla installation from the WHMCS side. I simply want to allow use of the Joomla form to log our pre-existing (WHMCS) members into WHMCS.

Is this even possible with any of your scripts?

Thanks very much!
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by jom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just need a simple WHMCS login from Joomla v3.x 2 years 4 months ago #6948

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Thanks for the question - I'm afraid that the WHMCS AutoAuth nor our other products will accomplish exactly what you are looking to do. It sounds like what you need to do is customize either the /modules/mod_login template file or copy it over to your template folder and override it and change the form action and input fields to match those of WHMCS. At least, that's the way I'd do it.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds