Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Just some Clarification before purchase

Just some Clarification before purchase 6 years 10 months ago #2221

• jthomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Steven,
I have just installed WHMCS in a subdirectory of our Joomla site (site.com/whmcs)

I have not done any configuration to either header.tpl or footer.tpl or any other config to Whmcs yet.

1) What do I need to change in Whmcs prior to jwhmcs integration with joomla?

2)My wish is I don't have to make any changes to whmcs at all if possible.

3) You mentioned in one of your posts that a user need CSS style changes, does that a required change?

4) When I looked at some of the bigger hosting companies' home pages, there is nothing that indicates they use WHMCS. for example checkout Fatcow.com. I can make my Joomla site's home page look and feel like big hosting companies without integrating with Whmcs but if I use your product, do I still have that ability to make the order process beautiful and professional in Joomla?

5) you have a demo on your site, but I would like to see how others are integrating jwhmcs with their site? If anyone would like to show us their sites would be much appreciated

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Just some Clarification before purchase 6 years 10 months ago #2223

• siteadmin
  • Administrator
Hello,

Thanks for the questions:

1) Be sure your WHMCS is configured the way you want it to be... to install J!WHMCS Integrator on a fresh install without making any configuration changes in WHMCS, the WHMCS won't render anything for some reason... it's just a settings thing, but have caused problems in the past. For 1.5.3, you will need to adjust the Password Strength, the IP Address for the API and be sure your admin has API access. For 2.0, you won't have to worry about this :)

2) I think this is kind of part of 1 and 3... you don't have to adjust anything in WHMCS aside from the settings in 1 and the styles in 3

3) There are some required changes to the WHMCS styles in case the Joomla styles get overwritten. In 1.5.3 and earlier, you would have to adjust the javascript code and some of the templates themselves to make them work together with mootools enabled Joomla sites, as well as change the global styles in the style.css file. In 2.0, those template changes are included in the install, and can be put in place - you only have to adjust any global styles in the style.css file (and orderform styles if applicable).

4) Yes, you do have that ability! The Joomla template is rendered to J!WHMCS and then wrapped around your WHMCS install. Again, the only trick is if there are styles in WHMCS that overwrite the Joomla styles.

5) I have a number of clients that have installed this, but I don't have a list of their sites. That may be a good idea to add to the forum just to post a link to their sites... or solicit the links :)

If you would be interested in 2.0, please let me know, it is only available as a beta test right now. Go ahead and open a support ticket and we can discuss getting it to you.

Thanks,
Steven
Steven | Go Higher

Re: Just some Clarification before purchase 6 years 10 months ago #2232

• Denny
  • Junior Boarder
Very good information Steven. I also have the same concerns and waiting for 2.0 sounds like it is going to be easier to integrate.

I like the idea of seeing how other sites are using your integrator so having a list of sites in the Software section would be great !

Might i suggest that some of these questions go into your KB ?

thx
Bluebird Internet Services
Web Hosting & Design, Domain Registration & SSL certificates
[url:2lsgn10f]www.bluebirdnet.ca[/url]
Web hosting - simplified.

Re: Just some Clarification before purchase 6 years 3 months ago #2903

[url:454ek6sf]www.realhosting.gr[/url]
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds