Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JWHMCS and Virtuemart working together?

JWHMCS and Virtuemart working together? 6 years 9 months ago #2276

• dwchampi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

We are planning to sell some VirtueMart extensions in the near future and wanted to use WHMCS for support of all our products including hosting.

I have a question. Has anyone tried to get JWHMCS and VirtueMart to work together? We have the user create their account using the VirtueMart registration instead of Joomla registration. We have the user information showing up correctly in Joomla, VirtueMart and partially in JWHMCS. The part that isn't integrating for us right now is the billing information being shared between VirtueMart and JWHMCS. Customers would have to re-enter their billing address and contact info in WHMCS right now.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Donald
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JWHMCS and Virtuemart working together? 6 years 9 months ago #2279

• siteadmin
  • Administrator
Hi Donald,

That is a great idea, and have added it to my idea list.

In the mean time, you can make a custom modification in the plugin file "jwhmcs-user.php" located in the <joomla>/plugins/user directory. You will see a function called "onAfterStoreUser" and starting at line 71 are requests to pull the expected field names from the request variable.

Change the appropriate field names to match the Virtuemart names and it should work. For example, it is looking for "postcode" to get the zip code from the submitted form. If the Virtuemart form is using a field named "zipcode", just change that from postcode to zipcode and it should find that field name and use it when adding a user.

I'll include a switch in future plugin releases to use VM or not.

Thanks,
Steven
Steven | Go Higher

Re:JWHMCS and Virtuemart working together? 6 years 3 months ago #2800

• ssnobben
  • Fresh Boarder
Does it mean that you can set up Virtuemart so I can let me users have their own shopping cart by default also?

Is J!WHMCS also integrated with Community Builder, JomSocial so you can use them with J!WHMCS also?

rgds
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds