Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JWHMCS Pre-sale Questions Thread

JWHMCS Pre-sale Questions Thread 6 years 2 months ago #2937

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Recently we had a few pre-sales questions come through so I thought rather than replying in the tickets, I'd post the questions and the answers here for the benefit of all to read.

Question: I am NOT all that tech savvy and could only make small to moderate modifications on my own. Also, this is a small business and I definitely cannot afford "custom programming" if many custom changes need to happen. Does this JWHMCS Integrator require custom programming? Would this be integrating my sales site, (Joomla) and my whmcs client portal so that they aesthetically look like they are part of the same site?Answer: No, this integrator does not require any technical programming. Yes, this would essentially wrap whmcs within Joomla allowing you change Joomla menus, modules, Joomla templates, etc.
Question: My Joomla site is MyJoomlaSite.com and my WHMCS is on the same server but on a different domain name, MyWHMCSSite.com, can this be integrated? Can these also be integrated if they were on separate servers?
Answer: They can but it's not recommended. JWHMCS can wrap WHMCS on different servers or domains no matter where they are but there is some custom coding involved and upgrades can be a bit more tricky. Also, if your Joomla and WHMCS installations are on different domains or different servers this is called a 'Split Installation' and requires the $35.00 installation fee with an additional $79.00 split installation fee. There may also be a charge for upgrades due to the custom coding.

In a perfect world, it's best to have Joomla installed in the main /public_html/ directory and WHMCS in a subdomain or subfolder of the main Joomla installation.
Question: After the integrator is installed, upon logging into the client area and users can see the submit tickets and invoices etc, is it possible to edit this page / links on this page through Joomla back-end or do these pages still have to be edited offline through a text editor etc. id prefer to edit these through Joomla if possible.
Answer:
This page would not be editable through Joomla. You can edit the modules on the client portal page, you can edit the menus in Joomla but if you want to edit WHMCS templates, that requires you to edit WHMCS templates.
Question: From date of purchase, how long does integration take?Answer:
We do installs normally in the morning. Provided that we have the accurate login details to WHMCS and Joomla Super Administrator and FTP access to you server then your install will normally take around 20 minutes.

We don't simply install. We change your Joomla settings, install your client login module and place it on your pages, we also create the Client menus and place those in correctly and then match all your settings correctly to your WHMCS general settings. It's much more than a simple install of our component.
Question: I assume your technicians require ftp access to my web-space?

If so, is there any guarantee you can provide that your technicians will not take a copy of my information (this is mainly info that belongs to other customers of mine)?
Answer:
We don't have technicians. We are a small operation with two of us performing as partners and WE DO NOT touch any of your client information, we don't pull down backups, we don't backup your site. Our goal is to get your site integrated quickly without interruption.

Steven and myself are the only ones who do installs or have access to customer data and we're both webmasters too and understand the importance of your clients and our clients privacy.
Question: Is the integration something i could perform myself?
Answer:
Absolutely! To assist you with this we have provided:
It's not the easiest to install and we've rarely seen our customers complete the installation correctly but you are more than welcome to give it a go.
Question: What happens to the url's after integration, do they look like the rest of my site (sef enabled)? Will the URL to my client portal change after integration?
Answer:
NO, Joomla cannot re-write WHMCS URLs so your URLs to your client portal will not change. If you have an SEF component, it's advised to 'Skip' the JWHMCS component, more than advised, it's necessary. You may have the normal SEF functionality included with WHMCS for your KB.
These are some valid questions, please feel free to reply if you have more questions and we'll do our best to make this a Pre-Sales question thread that will answer most if not all pre-sales Questions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JWHMCS Pre-sale Questions Thread 5 years 2 months ago #5019

• whatever
  • Fresh Boarder
justin

Are there any instruction for a "split instillation"?
You referred to that above but I can not find and additional instructions
our secure server is on a separate physical server. all domain names are the same.

Re: JWHMCS Pre-sale Questions Thread 5 years 2 months ago #5023

• Mark
  • Gold Boarder
**IMPORTANT** - If you are using separate domains or separate servers, there will be an added fee of $79.00 per install above the normal $35.00 fee.

Gohigheris has to do the install as there is some custom coding involved. It requires the $35.00 installation fee with an additional $79.00 split installation fee. There may also be a charge for upgrades due to the custom coding.

Regards,
Mark

Re: JWHMCS Pre-sale Questions Thread 5 years 2 months ago #5027

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
whatever;5019 wrote:
Are there any instruction for a "split instillation"?
You referred to that above but I can not find and additional instructions
our secure server is on a separate physical server. all domain names are the same.
Split server installs are not exactly our favorite and due to the complexities and unknowns that we may run into and the cost of updating, we do not recommend this method at this time. Your site isn't really anymore secure by splitting them on separate servers from what I've experienced.

Keep in mind if you do end up getting a split-server installation, each time we have to upgrade your JWHMCS installation it's another $35.00 as well. Basically the best method is to put Joomla in the public_html root directory and create a subdomain for WHMCS and secure each separately and it will save time, money, and unforeseen headaches.
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds