Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Getting started

Getting started 5 years 11 months ago #3839

• kers7754
  • Fresh Boarder
To Get started, shall I install WHMCS on my servers at a location like [url:3ryqlvfn]www.mydomain.com/whmcs[/url] where [url:3ryqlvfn]www.mydomain.com[/url] is my joomla site?

Then once WHMCS is installed, follow your instructions for integration?

Does it matter what virtual folder to install whmcs into? Will a visitor ever see the /whmcs virtual folder path?

Also, if my joomla site has a root ssl installed, can that work all the way through the integration process if whmcs is installed as a virtual directory on the main url?

Thanks,
--Jeff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Getting started 5 years 11 months ago #3842

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
You are correct. Your installation of Joomla and WHMCS will work as you describe. You could also use a subdomain for WHMCS, for example, I prefer to set it up in the beginning like:
Joomla:  http://www.myjoomlainstall.com/
WHMCS:  http://clientarea.myjoomlainstall.com/

This way if you do get a web certificate SSL that is valid on all sub-domains, www. is a subdomain and clientarea would be a subdomain. That's if you are going to SSL the entire thing.

The name of the folder in which WHMCS doesn't matter but rather than naming WHMCS you could name it /support/ or likewise create a subdomain support. so your WHMCS would still reside in the /support/ folder. Some suggestions for subdomains are:
  • /support
  • /clientarea
  • /clients
  • /controlpanel
  • /cp
You can use nearly any term that you like just make sure it's not going to be a term that's also going to be a URL in your Joomla SEF.

I'm not sure what your root SSL is or what it covers but you don't need a root SSL, just an SSL on your whmcs subdomain/installation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds