Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: J!WIMembership... sign us up!

J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 8 months ago #4277

• cresona
  • Junior Boarder
Apologies if this has been asked somewhere before, but is there a lead time on the J!WIMembership component?

Assuming the ACL works as expected, I'll be the first to buy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 8 months ago #4329

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks cresona. Currently 3.0 is in development and it's hard to crystal ball a release time. We're hoping for this first half of 2011 but nothing firm.

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 8 months ago #4330

• cresona
  • Junior Boarder
I gather J!WIMembership is heavily dependent on JWHMCS 3 then?

When you're close to alpha/beta, can you please let me know and I'll gladly test it.

Thanks.

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 7 months ago #4333

• Mark
  • Gold Boarder
From what i know it; will use the same framework (3.0). So yes in a way it dependent on when JWHMCS 3.0 is ready.

Will post under the News and Announcements & newsletter when we are looking for alpha/beta testers. So make sure you get these updates.

Regards,
Mark

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 6 months ago #4492

Hi guys - wondering how this is going - will it be coming out with the new version of J!WHMCS in the near future?
J!WHMCS-Integrator-2.30-and-Joomla-1.6.1
I'm also hot on the heels to sign up for this extension :)
Very much looking forward to being able to use it for allowing access to site content through ACL management via WHM products/add-ons, etc.

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 6 months ago #4493

• Mark
  • Gold Boarder
Hello BrokeLikeMax,

As per the forum link above (on your post); Steven is working on getting J!WHMCS 2.3 out of beta ASAP. In the relation to 3.0 we're working on a vbulletin integration system currently taking a break from 3.0. 3.0 will come out and it's 80% or so complete but it's still work in progress. Hoping for an alpha later year for 3.0.

As far as i know ACL management for J!WHMCS will be a 3.0 only feature. I.e it will not come out before 3.0 due the the framework.

Regards,
Mark

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 6 months ago #4498

• cresona
  • Junior Boarder
Blimey, that's different from "first half 2011". :(

Sorry guys, I'm a little cheesed about that. Why not tell us your plans... had I known you were taking a break from development, I'd have moved on months ago. Instead, we're left hanging. This really shouldn't be on the home page unless it's an active project...

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 6 months ago #4499

• Justin
  • User is blocked
cresona;4498 wrote:
Blimey, that's different from "first half 2011". :(

Sorry guys, I'm a little cheesed about that. Why not tell us your plans... had I known you were taking a break from development, I'd have moved on months ago. Instead, we're left hanging. This really shouldn't be on the home page unless it's an active project...
Home page of what? I don't see this on our home page.

You should never wait around for anything. Do what you have to do and keep your business going. It would be nice if we had everything ready to launch but things come up, circumstances happen and sometimes it just doesn't work out how we would all like it to.

You should never wait for another product or business to move on with your own. I know we have quite a few irons in the fire and most important is the JWHMCS integration and now 4.5 was just released along with our having the 3.0 beta version we're working on. If it's not one thing that comes up, it's another so don't wait, move forward.

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 6 months ago #4500

• cresona
  • Junior Boarder
GoHigherIS.com -> Our Products -> J!WIMembership

"Now you can, with the J!WMCS Integrator Membership extension (J!WIMembership)!"
"The J!WIMembership extension is currently in development."

You can't "now" and it's not in development... you're taking a break!

I appreciate things change Justin, but if you tell someone "it's in development, hoping for 1st half 2011" and then 2 months later announce "we're taking a break", it doesn't look very professional. To leave a product which is clearly in demand in limbo at 80+% completion seems daft to me, but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

I'll I'm asking is to be kept informed... I don't wish to start an argument.

Re: J!WIMembership... sign us up! 5 years 6 months ago #4501

• Justin
  • User is blocked
cresona;4500 wrote:
You can't "now" and it's not in development... you're taking a break!

I appreciate things change Justin, but if you tell someone "it's in development, hoping for 1st half 2011" and then 2 months later announce "we're taking a break", it doesn't look very professional. To leave a product which is clearly in demand in limbo at 80+% completion seems daft to me, but I don't know what's going on behind the scenes.
I'm not sure an announcement about 'taking a break' was ever made and maybe if it was said it was misunderstood. There's been no breaks.

This product will be based of JWHMCS 3.0 which is in fact in development. It's a complete re-write of JWHMCS as it's not going to be a Joomla component at all, it's going to be a WHMCS add-on but will look very similar to the Joomla component. Everything will be managed via WHMCS and Joomla will be an add-on as also wordpress and others will be open to develop plugins for different software to integration WHMCS.

It's not done. With the release of the new Joomla and WHMCS version, we have to get our immediate software working with 4.5 because for some odd reason people just upgrade without checking compatibility so when a new WHMCS is released we have to stop everything we are doing and work on a stable product for that. Which will be 2.3 and we're near ready to release that and after 3.0 is released, we will no longer support 2.0 version with major updates.

As you can see, there's a much greater need RIGHT NOW with the integration of our vbulletin 4.0 forum and Joomla/whmcs. If you aren't familiar with it, integration for vbulletin 4.0 is non existent and our site needs integrated so that's also where our attention has been directed. Not to mention, the demand for forum integration for vbulletin far outweighs this membership add-on for the 3.0 version of JWHMCS which isn't complete. Not only that, there's much more people out there wanting vBulletin 4.0 integration and partly because of how Joomla played us on our near perfect feedback listing on the JED, it sort of added a sour taste in our mouth.

Also understand that this for us is not full-time. Had our listing remained on the JED with 65+ perfect feedback ratings, we may be full time by now but we took a major hit and have had to get involved in other projects and products.

I speak for myself not Steven but I've been involved in the Joomla community when Mambo first hit the scene long ago and then watched the split and spin-off into Joomla. The way we were treated and our listing 'accidentally' deleted and our post discussing this closed, while I like Joomla there's a part of me that want's nothing to do with the bureaucracy and BS surrounding those in charge of the project. Maybe I'm saying too much... Either way, we're moving away from developing strictly for Joomla and we're developing for a broader market now.

If you'd like to read the thread they closed about our listing here it is: [url:3flrafmw]forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2311170#p2311170[/url]

On the other hand, we do apologize for not communicating more. It's something we have to do and it's something we are working toward more of. We have twitter, we have facebook and we have this forum which is extremely complicated to integrate but we're closer... We have our blog which I know needs to be kept up on and we have a basic mess of information in various places that needs cleaned up. That's our fault and I'm aware of that and for our customers, we're sorry and we will continue to improve.

On a good note, JWHMCS 3.0 is going to be golden for many and expandable into integrating with nearly anything. We're building the Joomla plugin and possibly wordpress for initial release but it's so much different than JWHMCS 2.0 that it will be great.

Hopefully now you understand that we're not blowing things off or taking breaks. It doesn't work like that, we're scrambling around trying to get these projects completed knowing that we're going to have to keep up and maintain them on every upgrade of every system. Had our listing still been on the JED, we would be in a full-time developing position with the ability to hire some additional staff. Right now there's two of us and trust me when I say we are moving along.

Peace!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds