Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fundamental Questions - Joomla / WHMCS

Fundamental Questions - Joomla / WHMCS 5 years 6 months ago #4485

• tonyc2002
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am wondering if someone can clarify a couple of things for me...

I am quite familiar with Joomla and have built many sites although I am not a developer and have very very basic knowledge of programming concepts so J!WHMCS is very appealing to me.

Essentially, I have built my Joomla site with the aim of offering web hosting and I want to use WHMCS to mange invoices, support, and possibly domain registration through OpenSRS.

Will using J!WHMCS allow me to embed the ticket system and client area of WHMCS into a Joomla article (for example) or module?

I understand it merges logins so that if a user logs into Joomla they are logged into WHMCS too. Is this accurate?

Do WHMCS extensions etc function properly when merged with Joomla in this manner? (such as the OpenSRS module/gateway mentioned)

Are there any extra complications with WHMCS payment gateways when merging WHCMS with Joomla in this manner?

Is it possible to see a demo of a fully functioning Joomla/WHMCS site in action?

Sorry for rambling but I'm just trying to establish what is possible if you get me and what I can expect my Joomla site to offer if I pursue this solution...

Thanks,
Tony
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Fundamental Questions - Joomla / WHMCS 5 years 6 months ago #4487

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the questions, they are very valid and certainly well thought out. I'll try to address them for you:
Will using J!WHMCS allow me to embed the ticket system and client area of WHMCS into a Joomla article (for example) or module?

I understand it merges logins so that if a user logs into Joomla they are logged into WHMCS too. Is this accurate?

Yes, the J!WHMCS Integrator serves two functions:
  • It acts as a bridge for user authentication and log in procedures. The idea being if they are a client in WHMCS, they can log in using their email / password and it will log them into Joomla and WHMCS. Conversely, if they are a user in Joomla, it will log them into Joomla and if set to, will add them as a client in WHMCS - most prefer not to do this to avoid cluttering the WHMCS client list.
  • It wraps your WHMCS content with your Joomla site. This is done by retrieving a page from Joomla (setup on a hidden menu for the Integrator), stripping the content of the page (where the article would go) and inserting the content from WHMCS. This is a very basic explanation, there is a lot that happens, but this gives you an idea.
Do WHMCS extensions etc function properly when merged with Joomla in this manner? (such as the OpenSRS module/gateway mentioned)

Yes, WHMCS extensions or modules should work properly. WHMCS has moved towards using the jQuery library without using the shortcut $, so any javascript conflicts that once existed have been largely fixed (and those that haven't been are addressed by the Integrator). The only time an extension from WHMCS may not work is if it requires customizing the header or footer of the WHMCS template, this may require some tweaks to the Joomla side, but can be made to work.
Are there any extra complications with WHMCS payment gateways when merging WHCMS with Joomla in this manner?

The only extra complications added in using our product is if you are using SSL on your site, you will need to verify that all the images are being loaded properly. The Integrator "repoints" your images, css and javascript from Joomla so that they will load, if however you are on WHMCS using SSL, it may point to images, css and js with a secure url that doesn't exist (say you have an SSL cert for your WHMCS subdomain, but not the root domain that Joomla is loaded). In this event, you can change what URL the Integrator points your images, css and js to, you just have to make sure they are there. :)
Is it possible to see a demo of a fully functioning Joomla/WHMCS site in action?

We are working on a demo site, in the mean time, you can see our own site at [url:36lj897f]client.gohigheris.com[/url] is wrapped using our own product.

I hope that helps answer any questions you may have. Please let us know if we can be of further help!
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

Re: Fundamental Questions - Joomla / WHMCS 5 years 6 months ago #4496

• tonyc2002
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for this info - very helpful. The only other thing I have to ask (and it may not be applicable) is that I've built my template using Artisteer (I know, I know :)

Are you guys aware if there have been any reported problems caused by Artisteer's crazy CSS when running J!WMCHS?

Cheers,
Tony

Re: Fundamental Questions - Joomla / WHMCS 5 years 6 months ago #4497

• Steven
  • Administrator
Hmm... I know I've come across their templates in the past, but I honestly cannot recall any significant issues. Is it an older style template - the older the templates, the less likely there are issues (though not out of the realm of possibility). Which template are you using from them?

Re: Fundamental Questions - Joomla / WHMCS 4 years 11 months ago #5335

• neil72
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Steven, then I can buy the software and I can install it only if you change your host site is hacked or accidentally?
Sorry for my English but I use a translator. In summary, I buy the software, I sent you all (zip file with all extensions) including license and if I can install it only when I want. Right?
If so 'I prefer this, of course I understand that if I provide assistance crezenziali access, but as you rightly said you can use a temporary user and then delete.
I am currently still building the site and configuring WHMCS, so let me try your software and after it has completed all starting from scratch and migrate to another host for resellers then in effect.
Tell me if I understand correctly, with the purchase can be considered as jwhmcs WHMCS, in the case of data loss are independent to reinstall itself. Right?
Another question, I have seen on the forums that many pay $ 7 per month for rent, and if he tells me right or I misread?
If I can and just buy it later and pay more rent?
thanks

Re: Fundamental Questions - Joomla / WHMCS 4 years 11 months ago #5337

• Steven
  • Administrator
I am not 100% sure on what you are asking for with regards to the software and the zip and the license. The J!WHMCS Integrator is a Joomla extension and WHCMS addon that is installed quite simply into Joomla. Assuming the file permissions are correct on the server, it will also install the files into WHMCS for you. We have an extensive step by step in our wiki on how to install it, configure and manage it.

As for the $7 monthly leased license, we discontinued the availability of the monthly leased license last month, and do not have plans to make it available again at this time.
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds