Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Upgrade to Owned License and Upgrade WHMCS

Upgrade to Owned License and Upgrade WHMCS 5 years 4 months ago #4654

I want to purchase the 'owned' license and I need a bit of advice. In my Client Area the product upgrade options are blank, so I wanted to check how to proceed before simply purchasing a new separate licence from your products list.

Also, and very importantly, can you explain the implications of upgrading WHMCS to 4.5.1 and how this is likely to affect the functionality of j!whmcs as it is? Do I need to organise a simultanoeus upgrade for j!whmcs etc?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Upgrade to Owned License and Upgrade WHMCS 5 years 4 months ago #4655

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Colin,

There are technically no upgrade options available. To 'upgrade' what you do is purchase and owned license here and then place your owned license numbers in the license manager of JWHMCS. Once it connects and is working you go into your account and cancel your leased license or we can do this for you. Branding removal is a purchased add-on when in checkout with your owned license.

As far as upgrading WHMCS to 4.5.1 with the integrator, it can be done in one of two ways. You can purchase the WHMCS upgrade which will include our upgrading of JWHMCS as well. This is a $35.00 service and includes upgrading properly and then integrating and installing the latest JWHMCS for that version of WHMCS.

The other option is to perform this yourself. Follow the WHMCS upgrade instructions and perform the upgrade. Once WHMCS is upgraded simply download the 2.2.6 version of JWHMCS or whatever is the latest version for your Joomla and WHMCS product and reinstall the component. Remember you don't have to uninstall the component or module just install it like it was never there to begin with. It will preserve any of your old settings and the upgrade process will be relatively easy. Make sure you also upgrade the Client Login Module. Your site doesn't need to be taken offline to upgrade JWHMCS but we do recommend backups as with any upgrade. Upgrade instructions here.

That pretty much wraps it up. OH, make sure your Joomla Authentication plugin is turned ON so you can access your admin area after the upgrade. Turn it on first before upgrading JWHMCS.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds