Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x

J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4819

• ice
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I would like to get your product but I need to know if this is working with the Joomla! 1.7.x.

If not, I will need to use Joomla! 1.6.x for the moment?

Please advise.

Regards!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4820

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
I personally wouldn't use 1.6 or 1.7 but we have a release version that works in 1.6.

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4821

• ice
  • Fresh Boarder
Can you tell me why you prefer 1.5 instead of 1.6 or 1.7?

Maybe there is something I miss..

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4822

• Justin
  • User is blocked
Joomla 1.5 is stable and works well. Joomla 1.6 while in theory for SEO and SEF is nice, it's being updated way too often and I don't like the way module assignment is being done.. it takes more time etc. Joomla 1.7 I haven't installed as 1.6 just came out not too long ago and if we wait a few months, 1.8 will be released.

Just my opinion. Joomla started with 1.0 and grew from there. Then 1.5 came out and was a total re-write that had no simple upgrade but a migration from one to another. Now we're jumping versions so quickly it's taking much more time for end users and developers to keep up and maintain products.

So, IMHO, the major new releases every 6 months isn't so good and the upgrade process is problematic as well.

We're working on JWHMCS 3.0 which we will focus more on integration with other software including wordpress and of course there will be a plugin for Joomla.

Personally, I've used Joomla a long time, started out with Mambo and as it grows I like it less and less.

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4823

• ice
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Justin,

Thank you for you sharing!

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4824

I absolutely agree with you Justin and consider to migrate into Drupal.
Justin;4822 wrote:
We're working on JWHMCS 3.0 which we will focus more on integration with other software including wordpress and of course there will be a plugin for Joomla.

...does it mean it will be also released for Drupal? I think this is the best software to use along with WHMCS. It's lightwihgt, flexible, very stable, and much, much better than Joomla.

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4825

• Justin
  • User is blocked
Wojtek.Michalski;4824 wrote:
...does it mean it will be also released for Drupal? I think this is the best software to use along with WHMCS. It's lightwihgt, flexible, very stable, and much, much better than Joomla.
3.0 will be a stand alone product that will be able to integrate nearly any system. That means Drupal, Wordpress, vBulletin, etc. Since we don't know all of these systems and it would take too much time for us to learn each system, (not to mention the licenses it would take to have more test sites) there will be developer documentation and the community will help take part in developing plugins for various software programs.

So someone that is very familiar with vBulletin or Drupal and knows how to build an add-on or plugin, will be able to use our system to create an integration plugin. It's going to be an exciting new program.

Don't get me wrong, Joomla is good and without Joomla and the community backing it we wouldn't have JWHMCS. However, most sites I build today are Wordpress because of it's SEO out of the box, lighter and not so server intensive, and templates are generally not overloaded with bells and whistles that may look nice but are even more weight on a server.

If it were me and today I had to build a website out of Joomla and WHMCS I'd lean toward a more mature and stable Joomla 1.5. There will be a time in the future that we have to update and that bridge can be crossed at that time but for now, I feel Joomla 1.5 is the best solution now.

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4828

• hostfill
  • User is blocked
Someone have tested this in 1.7 to see if that works.

Joomla have released the oficial 1.7 stable

Joomla_1.7.0-Stable-Full_Package.zip

and if you go to the download page: [url:3vscf76i]www.joomla.org/download.html[/url]

You see... 1.7 and 1.5 to download.

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4831

• Justin
  • User is blocked
While not official, it does seem to work in 1.7. Not sure about upgrades if that system is ready but it appears that 1.7 is a glorified bug fix of 1.6.5.

However, you don't NEED to upgrade. There's no rush to upgrade.

Re: J!WHMCS and Joomla! 1.7.x 5 years 4 months ago #4845

• remline
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, just want to let you know that my upgrade to 1.7 in test was unsuccessfull. the module looks likes its working, but the login feature is not working, so customers can't login... they dont get a message but the login page returns.
So for now try to stay away.

altough i personally think they should update their products as soon as posible.
Bug fixes are security holes mostly and you can't just ignor those.
so i hope they will fix it soon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds