Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: installation .. domain

installation .. domain 5 years 1 month ago #5142

• ptimo3
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Small question would the implementation work if my root domain is WHMCS and i want to switch to joomla with JWHMCS integrator ?

As the videos show whmcs install as a subdomain ...

cheers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: installation .. domain 5 years 1 month ago #5149

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Not sure I understand this completely. You want to install it but your site is like this:?
WHMCS - /public_html/whmcs-installation
JOOMLA - /public_html/joomla/joomla-installation
Is that correct?

You can install it however you wish but generally when people type in your domain name, you want them to land on the /public_html/ root directory. IMHO, I'd move it but first read these:

Before Installing:
[url:3hdbw0ah]www.gohigheris.com/forum/entry.php/8-Bef...g-J!WHMCS-Integrator[/url]

Canonical URLs:
[url:3hdbw0ah]www.gohigheris.com/forum/entry.php/1-WWW...lization-amp-Cookies[/url]

It would work, it could work, but that doesn't make it correct. The purpose of having Joomla is to have a nice template to sell and show off your work. You'd want this in the public root.

As far as switch, I'm not sure what you're referring to. JWHMCS will bring WHMCS into it's framework seamlessly. Both aesthetically and user integration as well. WHMCS should be in it's own directory or better yet, subdomain.

If you ever want to get a wildcard SSL as your business grows, the best method is:

[url:3hdbw0ah]www.yourwebsite.com[/url] - that's subdomain
[url:3hdbw0ah]clientportal.yourwebsite.com[/url] - that's also subdomain
Wildcard SSL would cover all your subdomains.

Hope that helps. Let me know if that's not what you were looking for.

Re: installation .. domain 5 years 1 month ago #5152

• ptimo3
  • Fresh Boarder
wel currently WHMCS - /public_html/whmcs-installation - /Public_html (i'm using a whmcs template). as the frontend.
JOOMLA - /public_html/joomla/joomla-installation

But its basicly all i was looking for.
I guess the cheapest option to get an additional ssl for the whmcs.domain.com (as i don't require a wilcard)..
And then install joomla and jwhmcs on the root, and hope its integrates (wraps around the current whmcs template):-)

Re: installation .. domain 5 years 1 month ago #5153

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
ptimo3;5152 wrote:
But its basicly all i was looking for.
I guess the cheapest option to get an additional ssl for the whmcs.domain.com (as i don't require a wilcard)..
Yes, then you could get an SSL just for that subdomain/directory. Cheapest isn't always best.
ptimo3;5152 wrote:
And then install joomla and jwhmcs on the root, and hope its integrates (wraps around the current whmcs template):-)
Current WHMCS template? JWHMCS pulls the code from the Default or Portal template that comes standard with WHMCS. If you have another template that would not be integrated.

You can however make any changes you'd like to the new templates JWHMCS creates because when it's installed, during the interview it takes the Default and Portal template, copies them, creates two new templates called: jwhmcs-portal and jwhmcs-default and then it uploads our edited code to these new templates that pull it into Joomla.

Please take a look at various examples on our facebook page and photos: [url:3gx6fejh]facebook.com/jwhmcs[/url]
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds