Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Previous subscriber to the leased version...

Previous subscriber to the leased version... 4 years 9 months ago #5477

And unfortunately, we stopped using it because we encountered some serious problems getting it to work right, and couldn't continue to burn time on it. BUT - that was well over a year ago, and we're now looking at consolidating our billing all into one system, WHMCS, as part of our Joomla 2.5 website upgrade. I've heard that your product has improved, but of course we're hesitant to buy it and then find out it's not going to work for us. Is there any way to get a lease subscription reactivated for prior clients who left, who are considering coming back? :)

We'd be ok with a time limit on how long the lease renewal would be valid. I would think after 90 days we would know for certain if JWHMCS was going to work well for us this time, or not.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Donald Champion, CTO of Polished Geek, LLC
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Previous subscriber to the leased version... 4 years 9 months ago #5478

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi Donald,

I don't recall the specific conflicts there were between our product and your site, however, I can see in your current site that you are utilizing the Gantry framework from RocketTheme... If you are dependent upon gantry for menu rendering etc there is a high degree of probability that the J!WHMCS Integrator will cause conflicts (rather, the gantry framework being wrapped around the jQuery library of WHMCS will cause the conflicts... J!WHMCS is just the delivery guy).

Gantry has been a notoriously difficult framework to work with; it makes for nice looking templates, but cause a good degree of conflicts with jQuery. Can you fill us in on what sort of issues you encountered with JWHMCS in the past, and if you are renovating your site at all, if gantry is in fact still a player?
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

Re: Previous subscriber to the leased version... 4 years 9 months ago #5479

Hello - We're a bit fuzzy on the details too, but it did have issues dealing with the menu from what I recall. Yes, RocketTheme is still our hands down favorite for templates. We weren't able to resolve the issues ourselves back then because the code was not completely open source, or we would have probably been able to resolve it.

Gantry is still our choice. So that's a known conflict, that JWHMCS doesn't work well with RocketTheme templates?

Re: Previous subscriber to the leased version... 4 years 9 months ago #5483

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
It has been known to conflict - I'm not saying it absolutely will, because it also depends on other addons as well as the specific requirements and settings of gantry (we don't know what add-ons and settings are causing a conflict, which has been the cause of our inability to solve it).

RT and gantry do make nice templates, but gantry doesn't play too nicely with jQuery - MooTools yes, but not jQuery, and unfortunately Whmcs relies on jQuery being stable and functional; if it were just cosmetics it could be gotten around.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

Re: Previous subscriber to the leased version... 4 years 9 months ago #5485

We're willing to take a bit of time to try it out and see if it will work with our chosen template, if you are willing to temporarily reactivate our lease subscription. If it works this time around with the new template, we'll be happy to buy.

Re: Previous subscriber to the leased version... 4 years 9 months ago #5487

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Donny, it will work with your template but there may have to be some extra stuff added to the headers or the code. We have a lot of folks using the gantry framework.

We no longer have lease subscriptions. My suggestion is to purchase the product so we can actually support it and then we'll work with you to get it resolved. If we can't fix it. We'll just give you a refund.
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds