Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Some questions about multiple product use.

Some questions about multiple product use. 4 years 8 months ago #5676

  • Tynedata
  • Tynedata's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 33
  • Karma: 0
Hi, currently I have a Joomla site using JWHMCS integrator and WHMCS.

Due to the nature of how registration is handled it negates the use of some components in Joomla but on the whole works very well.

I have been looking with interest at some of the other products, Ill try to make sense as best I can in the following questions :

Will Integrator 3 replace the use of JWHMCS, and if so will it still offer the same Joomla skinning of WHMCS pages as is currently the case with JWHMCS?

Assuming Integrator 3 replaces JWHMCS. Could Integrator 3 and Belong operate in parallel on a Joomla and WHMCS site?

Assuming Integrator 3 replaces JWHMCS. I currently cannot use a component like Jomsocial on a JWHMCS site due to the nature of how users register with Jomsocial or log-in, Jomsocial over-rides Joomla core and uses its own registration process (syncing with Joomla core), and logins with it installed do not sync with JWHMCS/WHMCS. Would Integrator 3 allow Joomla to handle registration and login such that it updates WHMCS in such a way that it allows Joomla to be the master component?

Would there be any multiple component order discount and/or migration discount from JWHMCS? :)
[url:1oyxfx4p]tynedata.com[/url]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some questions about multiple product use. 4 years 7 months ago #5680

  • Justin
  • Justin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 827
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Hello,
Epiacum;5676 wrote:
Will Integrator 3 replace the use of JWHMCS, and if so will it still offer the same Joomla skinning of WHMCS pages as is currently the case with JWHMCS?
Yes, I3 will replace JWHMCS as the new system. We'll still have JWHMCS for a couple years but eventually I3 will be the new way of integrating.
Epiacum;5676 wrote:
Assuming Integrator 3 replaces JWHMCS. Could Integrator 3 and Belong operate in parallel on a Joomla and WHMCS site?
Belong was built with I3 in mind and will work in parallel.
Epiacum;5676 wrote:
Assuming Integrator 3 replaces JWHMCS. I currently cannot use a component like Jomsocial on a JWHMCS site due to the nature of how users register with Jomsocial or log-in, Jomsocial over-rides Joomla core and uses its own registration process (syncing with Joomla core), and logins with it installed do not sync with JWHMCS/WHMCS. Would Integrator 3 allow Joomla to handle registration and login such that it updates WHMCS in such a way that it allows Joomla to be the master component?
I'm not exactly sure on this because we do not support Jom Social. I think making an important decision of what your important core information is depends much on the goals of your website. If your goals are to sell services then WHMCS should be the core info. If you goal is to build a social network then you could use Joomla. I3 will eliminate many of the problems with integration but not sure JomSocial will be any different.
Epiacum;5676 wrote:
Would there be any multiple component order discount and/or migration discount from JWHMCS? :)
Back in November we sent out an email offering this upgrade from legacy to owned and we will not be offering this again. I3, based on your current account status would be a separate purchase at this point. We may come up with some sort of migration but it will be nowhere near what was offered last year.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some questions about multiple product use. 4 years 7 months ago #5681

  • Tynedata
  • Tynedata's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 33
  • Karma: 0
Thanks very much for answering, that clears up a lot of questions. I dont mind re-purchasing too much in future but its always worth an ask, I must have overlooked the November offer.

In relation to Jomsocial, it was partially an example but I do sometimes have ideas about it. Basically the problem before, as youre probably very aware of was the way JWHMCS handled registration and login directly between WHMCS and Joomla, whereas a component like Jomsocial expects to take control and over-ride joomla core and take control within Joomla. So if a component let all user duties and registration happen within joomla and then relayed authentication and details I think it would co-exist a lot better.
[url:1oyxfx4p]tynedata.com[/url]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some questions about multiple product use. 4 years 7 months ago #5682

  • Justin
  • Justin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 827
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Epiacum;5681 wrote:
In relation to Jomsocial, it was partially an example but I do sometimes have ideas about it. Basically the problem before, as youre probably very aware of was the way JWHMCS handled registration and login directly between WHMCS and Joomla, whereas a component like Jomsocial expects to take control and over-ride joomla core and take control within Joomla. So if a component let all user duties and registration happen within joomla and then relayed authentication and details I think it would co-exist a lot better.

I don't know if this will work. WHMCS requires certain information and it's encrypted and requires unique email rather than username. JomSocial allows for facebook login which WHMCS nor JWHMCS will support and we're not integrating it into I3.

If the social aspect of your website is most important then I'd recommend building a social network. If selling products and services is it, then you'll want WHMCS to be the master database. You can have a twitter account, facebook page, forum and all kinds of things to engage with your customers without the use of JomSocial so I'd recommend against using it.

It all boils down to your goals as a company and business. Having a Joomla component that circumvents core login details and allows people to change their information via another component isn't something that I'd recommend using unless I was in the business of building a social network.

Most of the time we find that even forums are not used as much as anticipated so JomSocial may be building something that most of your customers won't use anyway and if they do, very few of them. They already have Facebook and other methods of engaging without being censored or moderated... That's where they'll go.

These are just my thoughts. I'm not a big fan of JomSocail mixed with a web hosting business. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some questions about multiple product use. 4 years 7 months ago #5684

  • Tynedata
  • Tynedata's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 33
  • Karma: 0
Thanks for clarifying, I just wanted to understand a bit better how I3 functions. I have to say although I use Jomsocial for some things Im not a huge fan of its complexity or looking after it as it evolves and constantly changes, which can be a massive PITA. Jomsocial does actually overlay joomla core, in that it maintains the standard core info but enhances in keeping with Joomla recommended methods.

Im merely thinking along the lines of a budget orientated site that makes savings on the acceptance that community support is the main support medium.

Ill watch I3 and as my understanding improves Ill know better what it offers. Whats the ETA on a stable release?
[url:1oyxfx4p]tynedata.com[/url]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some questions about multiple product use. 4 years 7 months ago #5687

  • Justin
  • Justin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 827
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Epiacum;5684 wrote:
Whats the ETA on a stable release?
We've just released a beta version so when the stable version is released we'll make an announcement that will be on twitter, facebook, and our Announcements forum. I cannot give an ETA it all depends on bugs found with the beta users.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum