Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jwhmcs/I3

Jwhmcs/I3 4 years 7 months ago #5688

• junnnn
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
So here comes the same question I asked before.
[font=Arial:1wmswd44]I have been told that my Gavick template will work well with I3.[/font:1wmswd44]
[font=Arial:1wmswd44]I then no longer need jwhmcs, but what if I install jwhmcs, will it be possible to[/font:1wmswd44]
[font=Arial:1wmswd44]update to I3 when it's released or is a new installation neccesary?[/font:1wmswd44]
[font=Arial:1wmswd44]Do you also know the approximate time for the release? not the exact time.
Jun.[/font:1wmswd44]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jwhmcs/I3 4 years 7 months ago #5690

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Jun,

For starters you were not told your Gavick template would work well with I3. I just reviewed your support tickets. What you were told is this:
When Integrator 3 is released, this also will not be an issue

That was referring to the menu highlighting.

The apparent hold up on your entire operation from what I understand it is that the submenus you create aren't highlighted or set as active. You originally had a "Client Area" link in your main menu and Steven created a regular expression to make that highlighted for your template.

Then there was more work done and Steven replied to your ticket:
I had to go in and customize the regular expressions for your site, but the regex I had setup for Gavick worked only partially... it should be working now. I had to add a dummy class to your domains link so that it would catch the li tag, but aside from that, the domains and downloads links are highlighting now.

After the above your reply was:
Thanks I have seen that it works. But, in order to know that it works 100 percent, I added a new menu item. I found out thereafter, that not all menus were highlighted. If you go to my website again, you can see that 'cart' and 'support' don't work while 'downloads' does work. And this, if I put one of the menus that don't work on the last position (replacing with 'downloads') it will work and the download menu will not work anymore

A menu less or more will give the same results.

So Steven replied:
That is because the Gavick template menu module isn't super friendly to work with. To make it work in the future, you will need to do everything you did to setup a menu item, assign it to the menu highlight area in J!WHMCS and then do this:

1) Go to the Menu Manager for the menu you created
2) Click on the item
3) Go the the Menu Params (Gavick Pro)
4) For Additional Class, enter something. I put in 'placeholder'.

The regular expression is looking for a class in the menu item, but without any additional classes added on a menu item without sub menus, it won't render any class. It's confusing, but trust me, do the above steps and it should be fine :)

Your last response to the above was:
I did what you said and it worked!

Then your site was offline for months and your email no longer working. So whatever work Steven did to your site to make the menu highlighting work, it was all working for you at one time. J!WHMCS works with all Joomla templates but some are more difficult than others because they aren't all designed the same way with the same javascript, jquery, or mootools libraries.

So, to answer your questions, JWHMCS works with your current template or at least the template you used to have on your website which used to be there. When I3 is released you will be able to migrate to it but you cannot have both J!WHMCS and I3, it will be one or the other.

Since it's a stand alone integration product, you will have to install I3. Approximate time based on our latest beta release would be a month hopefully but that all depends on the bugs encountered and the willingness of the beta testers to report those bugs.

If you go to our front page on our website, there's a link to I3 Beta Availability.

Jwhmcs/I3 4 years 7 months ago #5692

• junnnn
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I think I'll use I3.
But since the release will take some time I hope I can download the beta somewhere
in order to prevent stagnation, not that I'm anticipating but I just have to build my site again and need an integration.
I tried to sign up for I3 beta, but I haven't receive anyd email from the bugs site after putting my email address.
Jun

D you know why I haven't received a confirmation message?

So the alpha version can be downloaded by anyone right?

Jwhmcs/I3 4 years 7 months ago #5697

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
junnnn;5695 wrote:
So the alpha version can be downloaded by anyone right?
No. Sorry. News will be posted when it's ready.
junnnn;5692 wrote:
But since the release will take some time I hope I can download the beta somewhere
in order to prevent stagnation, not that I'm anticipating but I just have to build my site again and need an integration.
I tried to sign up for I3 beta, but I haven't receive anyd email from the bugs site after putting my email address.
Build your site. Integration isn't needed to build. Don't let your not being integrated hold up your entire operation. It was built once already and integrated so I'm puzzled as to why this is still an issue. No sense waiting on it, just do it.
junnnn;5693 wrote:
D you know why I haven't received a confirmation message?
I'm not sure exactly but the Beta version explanation on the front page says:
Integrator 3 Limited Beta Availability

After much programming and a great deal of work on the interface, layout and setup of the product, Go Higher is excited to announce that Integrator 3 (I3) is now being made available on a very limited basis to our customers who are interested in being beta testers of I3. We have placed some strict conditions on who qualifies to become a beta tester in an effort to ensure we have:

[LIST=1|INDENT=2]
[*]Qualified beta testers
[*]Beta testers who will utilize our issues reporting system.
[/LIST]
By qualified beta testers, we mean those customers who will use it for their site eventually, who are interested in making it better and who have indicated their dedication to integration-on-demand products by using J!WHMCS Integrator for at least 18 months.

You signed up in December of 2011 and haven't used the JWHMCS for 18 months. We need beta users that have actually used JWHMCS so they can report bug based on their experience with JWHMCS and how the integration should work. Sorry, I don't believe you are eligible for the Beta version. I'm guessing in the next 3 weeks or so the alpha version will be released.
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds