Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Joomla Registration

Joomla Registration 4 years 7 months ago #5699

• mtk
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I'm about to purchase J!WHMCS extensions I was wondering how does the registration process works.
I can understand how a WHMCS Client, easily becomes a Joomla User, since it has less data fields.

Would the other way around work?
Can a user be registered from Joomla and become a WHMCS Client, let's say we can extend the User's fields with CB of the (new in J!2.5) built-in User Plugin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 7 months ago #5702

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
In J!WHMCS, there are "default field settings" that you can set, so if a user is registered on Joomla, and they log in and need to be setup in WHMCS, they can have default field settings used (for example, My Address, My City, etc).

J!WHMCS also includes a registration form which combines the two, so that when a user registers on the site, they can setup a username and set their WHMCS account without issue, and that is the method we recommend our customers use, but you can set it up so both Joomla! and WHMCS allow registrations.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 6 months ago #5761

I have a question about the WHMCS & Joomla integration.

I have a Joomla 1.5.23 site and I have my order form wrapped in an iFrame with the products to purchase for that site. The site I am working on is [url=http://clubmembershipsystem.com:ik7uft5v]Club Membership System[/url]

What I would like to know is:

When someone makes a purchase in WHMCS running in the iframe, I need them to be able to use the WHMCS login they created also for logging into the joomla site.

Once the order is completed they need to be able to use the WHMCS login info to login to the joomla website, because their client area of WHMCS will also be wrapped in a iframe in the registered section of the Joomla website.

How can I get a WHMCS registered user to be able to use that same email and password to login to my Joomla site?

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 6 months ago #5763

• Steven
  • Administrator
This is actually built into the J!WHMCS Integrator; once the user is registered in WHMCS, they can use their email and password to log in on either the Joomla side or the WHMCS side, and J!WHMCS will authenticate the user in WHMCS, find their account in Joomla and log them in to both systems. If they don't have an account in Joomla yet (say they just purchased on your WHMCS portal), then J!WHMCS Integrator can be set to add their account to Joomla upon successful log in.

You'll also be able to do away with the iFramed WHMCS portal, as J!WHMCS will effectively wrap your WHMCS site with your Joomla layout.

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 6 months ago #5766

If they don't have an account in Joomla yet (say they just purchased on your WHMCS portal), then J!WHMCS Integrator can be set to add their account to Joomla upon successful log in.

Would this be a setup feature after installation? My apologies, if I am not understanding this section fully or not. Please help?

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 6 months ago #5767

• Steven
  • Administrator
This is actually a configuration feature. In the settings, you'll find a tab for "User Integration" which allows you to control settings for the user portion of the integration. For example, one of the settings is to force add a Joomla user at log in. This tells J!WHMCS that it is okay to try to add a matching Joomla user if the client logs into WHMCS successfully (after all, if they have a valid account on one, you presumably want them on both).

J!WHMCS then matches the users up so they can log in with either their username from Joomla or their email address.

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 6 months ago #5779

Thanks for the great feedback Steven. Please correct me if I am wrong. This sounds as if the client area login portion of WHMCS needs to be in a non-registered area of the Joomla website, correct? If so, would I just need the J!WHMCS login for my clients to login to their WHMCS Client area which would then be in the registered portion of Joomla?

I noticed on your site here that when I login I am redirected to the Client Portal, is this in the registered area of your Joomla site?

My apologies for all the questions, $199 is alot of money to spend and I need to make sure this system will do what it is I need it to do.

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 6 months ago #5780

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
rkswebdesigns;5779 wrote:
This sounds as if the client area login portion of WHMCS needs to be in a non-registered area of the Joomla website, correct? If so, would I just need the J!WHMCS login for my clients to login to their WHMCS Client area which would then be in the registered portion of Joomla?
The Client area login is in WHMCS on /clientarea.php Our login module goes anywhere and if integration is enabled it logs you into both Joomla and WHMCS.

J!WHMCS has two hidden links in the hidden menu which the user is rendered a page as Logged In or Logged Out. This allows you to control if you would like a logged in user to see a module not available to those who are not logged in.
I noticed on your site here that when I login I am redirected to the Client Portal, is this in the registered area of your Joomla site?
I'm not really sure what you're asking here. Login redirection is a setting in JWHMCS so they can be redirected wherever you want them to be. Considering that all our products and main customer base is through WHMCS, when they first login we redirect them to their account because that's intuitive. We used to redirect them to the forum but we could redirect them anywhere.

Once logged in, and redirected to the WHMCS Client Area, you are seeing the 'Logged In' version because the member is logged in. This gives you the flexibility of adding registered user modules only.

However, we aren't using JWHMCS on our site, we're using the live beta version of I3.

My suggestion is to take a look at some of our videos on YouTube so you get a better idea of how it works and what it looks like.

[url:296lj75v][/url]
My apologies for all the questions, $199 is alot of money to spend and I need to make sure this system will do what it is I need it to do.
Not a problem at all. We actually appreciate your asking questions in the forum rather than submitting support tickets because everyone can read them and it might help others as well.

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 6 months ago #5783

I do not mean to backtrack, but I just had one thought that occured to me after re-reding through this thread. In thread #4 Steven said:
You'll also be able to do away with the iFramed WHMCS portal, as J!WHMCS will effectively wrap your WHMCS site with your Joomla layout.

Here is a question. My actually WHMCS Billing Portal is at [url:160bcrqq]rkswebdesigns.com/billing/index.php[/url] and I have these area wrapped in iframe with my new joomla site [url:160bcrqq]clubmembershipsystem.com[/url]

Since my WHMCS and my Club Membership System website are on two different domain names, does this make a difference?

Re: Joomla Registration 4 years 6 months ago #5784

• Justin
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, of course it makes a difference if they are on two different domains. It makes it confusing for your customers and much more of a headache and cost for yourself which outweighs any benefit if there actually is one.

If you want a split server installation you'd have to pay for installation services then for the split install. Every update we have to make manually would be $35.00 on a split installation.

This will change with I3 but it's not ready yet.

My advice, use on domain as your main domain and use a subdomain for your WHMCS just as we have here.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds