Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Integrator3 Questions

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #6257

• DanielB
  • Fresh Boarder
Integrator3 is for sale but in the blogs it says it shouldn't be used on a live site. Is it ready for production now?

I need to integrate wordpress, whmcs, kayako and maybe idevaffiliate. Do you have a demo wordpress site with whmcs so I can see how it works? I've tried two other integration systems but wasn't really happy with how they worked. Is the software installed on my server completely or does the system rely on a connection to your server?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #6259

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi DanielB, thank you for the questions!

Integrator 3 is ready for production sites - we have decided to move forward with it at this point because we feel the product is solid and any bugs or issues that remain are minor or relate to the user interface - specifically in setting up and configuring the product. Once setup, the product works very well and this is why we are moving forward at this time with it.

I am working on a demo site for the product, but at this time I do not have a true demo with Wordpress... our site is using Integrator 3 to integrate WHMCS, Joomla and Kayako Fusion and has been for nearly a year now. We are feeling really good about the product and believe it is ready.

In addition, I am about to roll out a monthly leased option for I3 starting at $15 / month.

The software is installed locally on your server, and performs license checks in a similar manner as WHMCS - ie it only needs to communicate with us once or twice a month. The Wordpress, Joomla, Fusion and WHMCS addons do not communicate with our server directly, they only communicate with the I3 software installed on your server and are open sourced for easy modification.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #6260

• DanielB
  • Fresh Boarder
I have whmcs installed at /client. For years clients have gone to /client to access the client area. One thing I didn't like about the other systems I tried was that URL had to change. If I did change it I was concerned about emails sent out from whmcs linking to the actual whmcs install not the skinned version on a different url. You have your client area at /client-portal is that where whmcs is actually installed or is that a joomla page? If you could just explain how all that works.

I also didn't like that I had to use the old portal whmcs theme and could not use the new default theme. I see you're using the default so i assume that's not a problem.

Does your system intergrate kayako with whmcs? In other words replacing the stock whmcs ticket system with kayako in the client portal? If not what's the best way to do that with your system?

Do you set everything up when I buy your system or do we do the setup ourselves? Can I see the info on the actual setup process before I purchase?

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #6261

• Steven
  • Administrator
The URL you are referring to is an 'Integrator 3 Menu Item'. The way I3 menu items work is in Joomla you setup a new menu item and select the I3 menu type. The I3 menu type allows you to select which connection and which page to point to (in this case the WHMCS > Clientarea page). Then in I3, you select this menu item to map your visual integration for the WHMCS > client area page... it seems complex and it is hard to explain the concept. The client-portal URL is a menu item alias, and it just redirects over to my WHMCS location (client.gohigheris.com), so you could accomplish the same thing, a menu item that would then point to your /client location. If your clients go their directly, I3 will wrap your Joomla or Wordpress site around your WHMCS for you, so your WHMCS URLs will function as expected.

With I3, you can use any WHMCS theme, classic, default, portal or even a custom one if you desire with little effort in setting up.

The I3 system doesn't force links to your WHMCS ticket system to go to Kayako Fusion - you can set up WHMCS to do this if you desire; in my case, I'm using the WHMCS ticket system to handle my projects in WHMCS and Kayako Fusion for support. The visual and user integration with Kayako Fusion is accomplished through the I3 interface in the same manner as the WHMCS integration.

The setup is a complex one, but we are working on the pricing and details on setup. To do a Joomla / WHMCS / I3 setup, the install is going to be $30, but to add on Kayako Fusion, I believe would be an additional charge due to the fact that Kayako Fusion requires some serious core customization to get everything functioning (they don't have all the hooks they need in the system for user integration).

We have the setup instructions available on our web site at www.gohigheris.com/documentation/integrator-3. Part 2 covers the core application, while Part 3 has installation directions for each of the connections.

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #6262

• DanielB
  • Fresh Boarder
Sounds like a workable solution not that I really understand how it all works at this point. If I go monthly to start can I switch to owned down the road? Not sure I want to buy the owned until I really see how everything works.

Also seems having you install we save me some frustration so can you give me a price on integrating all three. Also with kayako will upgrading kayako break the integration? How about whmcs?

I assume the menu item is just a link. So we could link anything to the billing system. Text link etc. Sounds like a direct link to /client would also work.

Can you give me some info on how the passwords work? Just want to get an idea of how that works. I assume WHMCS would be the master. But for a wordpress user would a whmcs user also be created?

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #6263

• DanielB
  • Fresh Boarder
If I use this (forge.kayako.com/projects/aiso-whmcs-integration) to integrate whmcs and kayako will I need your system with kayako? Do you foresee any issues with that?

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #6264

• Steven
  • Administrator
If you do go with the monthly option, you can of course upgrade to the full product at any time, that certainly would not be a problem.

As far as upgrades, upgrading Joomla, WHMCS and Wordpress should not be a problem (barring the removal or change of core functionality). We would test new versions to ensure compatibility and accommodate new releases as quickly as possible.

Kayako Fusion unfortunately is more problematic. They have gotten better, but they seem to make quite a few changes from version to version that are serious and cause problems. For example, in going from 4.40 to 4.50, they changed the name of the modules folder... sort of a big deal ;-) We have taken that into account, but we can't guess all their changes or keep up on each detail they make.

The Fusion side also requires some minor core modification to include functionality needed by the Integration. As they update their system, they have added more and more hook points, but we still need a few here and there that we document on how to include, and those changes are very easy to make, though you must remember to do them if you upgrade the Fusion interface.

Correct about the menu link - it would behave as an external url but has the dual functionality I explained earlier.

One of the unique features about Integrator 3 is that any of the systems can serve as the 'master' in the sense that there isn't really a master set. A user logs in with either their username / email and their password. Integrator 3 takes the credentials and tries to authenticate them against any of the connections. If one of them authenticates, we know the user is legit and can proceed. Then (depending on settings) I3 will update the password on the other connections and proceed to log the user in across all the other connections. Passwords are handled by the individual systems themselves.

I have seen the aiso whmcs integration, and I recall using it myself in the past for Kayako v3, but I haven't played around with it much since. As I recall I don't think it will cause any problems, but it may be easier just to leave the systems separate and link between them since they'll all be wrapped in the same Joomla wrapper.

Hope that is of help - please let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 1 week ago #6265

• DanielB
  • Fresh Boarder
I bought the system. I have a Dev system I want to install it on and get everything working. Then when I make it live it'll change dev.domain to www.domain. Is that a problem as far as the license goes? I don't want to install it on dev then find I can't move it to www later.

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 1 week ago #6266

• DanielB
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok still DanielB not sure where Y3o7c0tm56nb came from. Seems I can't change it.

Integrator3 Questions 4 years 1 week ago #6267

• Steven
  • Administrator
Y3o7c0tm56nb wrote:
I bought the system. I have a Dev system I want to install it on and get everything working. Then when I make it live it'll change dev.domain to www.domain. Is that a problem as far as the license goes? I don't want to install it on dev then find I can't move it to www later.

That's not a problem - if you open a support ticket and request a developer license, I'll be happy to get you setup with a dev license to use temporarily allowing you to transition to the other license without worry about a conflict. Alternatively, you can use the same license, when you are ready to move the site, log into our site and visit "My Products" from the menu on the right side of the Client Portal, click on the corresponding license and press the 'reissue license' button.
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds