Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: J!WHMCS, Joomla 2.5, WHMCS & Rocketheme Omnicron

J!WHMCS, Joomla 2.5, WHMCS & Rocketheme Omnicron 3 years 9 months ago #6363

• Bruiser
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys,

Seems like you've got another client here about to buy the leased/installed version of J!WHMCS.

Before we do i have a couple of questions.

The client area of our billing/ticket WHMCS site is at: www.billing.webhostdirect.co.nz

The front end of our Joomla site is at: www.webhostdirect.co.nz

Assuming we buy the leased version in the next day or 2... (its Saturday March 9th 4:15pm as I write this)

1) We're in New Zealand, with Summer time zones. Can you give me an idea of your preferred install period likely to be, so I can arrange to be available during your installation?

2) Do you know instinctively what links inside our Joomla site to use to integrate with the front end of WHMCS, or do you ask for those from us before the installation?

3) We use some java scripts for some of the links as an include from an html/java module, which I maintain on a local copy of Firworks, how will you handle such link requirements?/

4) Are the results that are shown in Jooma actually in a physical article or as an include, and if we need to make changes to the look of that, is that acheived in Joomla Article manager or in the back end of WHMCS?

5) Can you provide some instant chat dialogue for reassurance purposes during your installation? (nervous daddy here lol)

6) Do you know of any issues with J!WHMCS and Rocket Themes, and in particular the template Ominicron, or their Gantry system?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce Gordon
WebHost Direct
New Zealand
The administrator has disabled public write access.

J!WHMCS, Joomla 2.5, WHMCS & Rocketheme Omnicron 3 years 8 months ago #6364

• Austin
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for considering J!WHMCS! My name is Austin, and I'm on the support team here at Go Higher. I'll likely be handling your installation when the time is right. I appreciate all your questions, let's get started:

1) We're located on the USA East coast, in the EDT -4 timezone, and in our time we're normally available near Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm. We handle customers all across the world, though. If you required a specific time for us to be online, we can definitely handle that as long as it's not too unreasonable.

2) We don't instinctively know what links you've made in Joomla to go to WHMCS, but you shouldn't have to change them: J!WHMCS doesn't change anything about your WHMCS front end, just the way it looks. You can still link to your client area pages and such like normal, it will wrap together without issue.

3) Javascript is still loaded on modules on WHMCS pages, and as long as there are no Javascript conflicts (usually with jQuery, that's probably the most frequent) it's absolutely no issue. I'm quite good at handling JS/CSS conflicts myself, so any weird JS issue that may arise can definitely be handled.

4) If I understand the question right, you're asking how the Joomla articles and content are affected on WHMCS pages. The answer is that J!WHMCS assembles your WHMCS site as if it were pages on your Joomla site. It sets up three pages, Logged In, Logged Out, and Registration. You may add modules and content to these specific pages, and they will appear on the corresponding WHMCS pages (for instance, a client menu panel would only appear on the "Logged In" page.) So, to answer your question, you can still arrange and edit all of your content, even on your Integrated pages, with Joomla. Hopefully I've explained this well enough, it's a lot easier to envision once it's set up.

5) Sure, we have a live chat setup on our website. I can be online whenever an installation was scheduled, and walk you through what I'm doing.

6) CSS and Javascript issues are pretty much unavoidable, it's the nature of Integration. You're taking one whole website, and throwing it onto another page. There are a few "common" conflicts we see, but it's my job to handle conflicts that are related to J!WHMCS for you. So I cannot guarantee that there wont be CSS/JS conflicts, but I can guarantee I'll help you get them taken care of.

Thanks for thinking about using J!WHMCS, we definitely appreciate it!

Austin Lasher
Go Higher IS - Support Staff

J!WHMCS, Joomla 2.5, WHMCS & Rocketheme Omnicron 3 years 8 months ago #6365

• Bruiser
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Austin, great response and just a couple of quick further questions.

1) What is the difference between the US$35 installation/lease and the additional US$20 setup option?

I assume that the full install and integration doesn't come with the US$35 option, which we would definitely be needing!

2) Your timezones are a bit of a pain. Your 10am - 4pm is our (next day) 1am - 7am.

Could you oblige by doing the installation at 8am Thursday your time, 11pm Thursday here, so we can be around for the installation? And can you show us how we use your chat, that option doesn't appear but assume its only for those who have "bought" a product?

3) Currently I have 3 product categories (Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Domains), and in the joomla articles currently there is some detail plus a link to a new page with our WHMCS client area for each category. If you go to www.webhostingdirect.co.nz you will see what I mean. I understand from your last reply that your integration means that those on our joomla site can register and/or login, or as a guest, hit any of the category links that currently load the WHMCS client pages in a separate window, and with J!HMC these will actually be viewed as includes in the joomla site instead of having to be sent off to the WHMCS site?

Cheers and hopeful of a quick answer so I can sort an install time tonight .

Cheers,
Bruce

J!WHMCS, Joomla 2.5, WHMCS & Rocketheme Omnicron 3 years 8 months ago #6401

• Bruiser
  • Fresh Boarder
A little disappointed that you sitll haven't answered my last questions 5 days ago.

That doesn't inspire me with confidence that you are up to the job of supporting your products once purchased, if you can't even answer pre-sales questions.

Bruce Gordon
MD
WebHost Direct

J!WHMCS, Joomla 2.5, WHMCS & Rocketheme Omnicron 3 years 8 months ago #6404

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi Bruce,

I completely understand, and I want to apologize to you for not responding to your request. Last week was extremely chaotic as WHMCS' release of version 5.2.1 broke core functionality across our product lines and we scrambled to accommodate the changes. Had these functionality changes been incorporated in their beta release, we would have been prepared, however this caught all developers for WHMCS off guard.

This is not an excuse for not responding, but I did want you to be aware of what happened because we do take our customer service very seriously and at the first sign of trouble with the new version we went into overdrive to get a fix out as quickly as possible in order to support our customers.

In response to your questions from last week:
1) The $35 installation / lease comes with the same installation as the $20 setup option. When purchased, we request the credentials to log in and set the product up to ensure the API is connecting and the users are bridging and able to be registered. The $20 option is available as an addon for future use should a client need us to go in and either upgrade the installation on their behalf or set it up fresh again. We have made the upgrade process very simple, and continue to find new ways to improve this in order to keep our customers current.

2) We can definitely schedule the install for 8am on Thursday morning - if we know ahead of time we can get it marked and scheduled. If it works better for you, we could schedule in our evening time after 8pm, again, just need to know ahead of time so we can schedule accordingly.

3) Yes and no... yes, the J!WHMCS Integrator will do what we term 'wrapping' the WHMCS site with your Joomla site, however the URL would still be viewed as being a WHMCS url, ie domain.com/whmcs/clientarea.php and not as an iframe or a Joomla seo'd link. Incidentally, the domain didn't resolve for me when I tried to see your site.

Again, I apologize for not responding earlier to your post - last week was quite hectic and we are still catching up from the issues generated by the new release.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

J!WHMCS, Joomla 2.5, WHMCS & Rocketheme Omnicron 3 years 8 months ago #6408

• Bruiser
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the chat via your online chatline, Steve. :)

I am impressed by your honesty and forthright answers and explanation, and I accept the curved ball thrown by WHMCS took you away from the less urgent needs to take care of more urgent re-engeering purposes.

I of course accept your apology unresevedly, and as a measure of that I have just ordered and paid for our installed copy of J!WHMCS, and will look forwward to the installation of this on Thursday night your time.

I have already placed links under sub-menus at www.webhostdirect.co.nz with the links set in iFrames bringing in the appropriate pages from the billing site (WHMCS), but no doubt you will be making the necessary changes to these during your installation.

Once again, thank you for fronting up and providing the reassurance that we needed to go ahead with J!WHMCS.

Bruce Gordon
MD
WebHost Direct
NZ
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds