Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2 q's - Compatability; Topology

2 q's - Compatability; Topology 3 years 3 months ago #6492

• JoomIM
  • Fresh Boarder

I am looking to have you install Integrator 3 for me on a new joomla website.

I wish to confirm your requirements in order for you to perform your installation:
- J2.5 to be installed prior? is I3 compatible with J3.0?? Which is preferred/most stable option?
- WHMCS 5.1 to be installed prior? is I3 compatible with WHMCS 5.2?? (I see there may still be issues on some forum posts)
- all relevant user/passwords (cpanel, joomla, whcms, mysql, etc) to be supplied
- anything else?

I am looking to use the following URL/directory topology, and would like to know what is the most practical setup:*.* -> as the location for all Joomla content, marketing, landing pages, etc*.* OR*.* -> as the location for all of the WHCMS content (including client account administration, whmcs product pages, ticketing, support, etc)
- Is this inappropriate/impractical?
- Is this recommended?
- Would you recommend anything else?
- is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Many thanks!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2 q's - Compatability; Topology 3 years 3 months ago #6493

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Wanted to follow up on this post with my reply in the contact request:

1) Yes, prior to I3 installation, you would want to have Joomla installed as well as WHMCS installed as our I3 installation does not include installing them. We do install a Joomla component, module and a handful of plugins as well as a WHMCS addon module for I3 to operate, so you would want the systems ready to go (or at least installed with basic settings in place). I3 *does* support Joomla 3.1 as well as WHMCS 5.2.5, so if you go with the latest versions you are fine there as well.

2) My recommendation on your topography will depend on if you plan to use an SSL certificate.

If you plan to secure your site using a basic SSL certificate that is good only for one domain (ie or I would highly recommend using WHMCS in a subfolder rather than a subdomain (ie instead of The reason for this is when I3 pulls your Joomla content around WHMCS, the images, css and js will be insecure (as they are coming from a non-ssl enabled domain), so to get around that, you would need to copy all those images, css and js to your secure domain and make a minor setting change in I3 to point images / css / js to that secure location. This would work fine, but if you make changes on Joomla, you would also have to remember to copy them over to the subdomain manually. This is not always something that is remembered and really is just an added aggrevation to getting your business up and running.

If you plan to secure your site with either a wildcard SSL (like ours - * that applies to any and all subdomains) or plan to not use SSL at all, you can choose to install WHMCS in it's own subdomain without problems if you so choose.

Either way you go, I3 can work with it.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds