Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking at getting WHMCS

Looking at getting WHMCS 3 years 4 months ago #6596

• nmaxime
  • Fresh Boarder
J!WHMCS seems like a great component that we may get. I just have a few questions

We are hosting with host gator and looking to use WHMCS as our billing system for website hosting. Our site is built using a Shape 5 template specifically:
www.shape5.com/demo/index.php?ez_web_hosting
Does J!WHMCS work with this template?

We also are evaluating WHMCS before we get additional software for it. I also wanted to know what would be the best way to initially install WHMCS so that we can later integrate J!WHMCS with no problems.

Right now the joomla shape5 template is installed on a subdomain with file system that looks like this:
URL: hosting.ourdomain.com
File: public_html/hosting (all the joomla files are here)

Do I install WHMCS like this?
public_html/hosting/whmcs
....and then install J!WHMCS at a later time with no issues?
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by nmaxime.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking at getting WHMCS 3 years 3 months ago #6604

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Thank you for the questions, I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

J!WHMCS should work well with that template - there are sometimes minor css tweaks as conflicts can arise between Joomla and WHMCS styles, but those are normally not insurmountable.

The best method for installing WHMCS would be to keep it in a subfolder of your primary domain. If you use an SSL certificate, this is especially true because if you have WHMCS on a subdomain and it uses SSL, anything from your template on Joomla would not be SSL enabled, so it requires a good bit more to work around the issue. I recommend using Joomla in your root folder, then putting WHMCS in like /clients or /hosting... something like that.

In your case, you are using Joomla in a subdomain so:
hosting.ourdomain.com

I would put WHMCS into a subfolder in that subdomain:
hosting.ourdomain.com/whmcs

and the path would look something like:
/home/userdir/public_html/hosting/whmcs

Just as you outlined. This should present very few if any problems with the integration.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

Looking at getting WHMCS 2 years 6 months ago #6945

• rangebaron
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ?Carpe Diem!
Hello,

I am working on a new startup (www.simplerwebs.com). I am looking to add full WHMCS integration into our existing joomla site. I would like a customer to be able to Register a domain name, select a hosting package, and then checkout using a secure payment gateway. I would like this whole process to be automated from start to finish. I assume that your product can accomplish this, however, I am wondering if 1: You assist with the entire project and 2: If you offer a money back guarantee if we try the product and discover that it doesn't meet our needs?

Thank You.

Jason - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Jason W. Rogers
Director of Internet Sales & Marketing
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
484-650-4613
<a href=rangebaron>Skype Me!</a>
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by rangebaron. Reason: incorrect url

Looking at getting WHMCS 2 years 6 months ago #6946

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the questions - J!WHMCS Integrator is an ideal product for your setup. With an existing Joomla instance, you don't necessarily want to have to code an entire template for WHMCS and try to make it match your Joomla site's look and feel. This is where J!WHMCS Integrator can help.

Check our demo site at jwhmcs.com and you can see the Joomla site is a standard Joomla site with a YooTheme template being used. Then navigate to the hosting (WHMCS - jwhmcs.com/hosting/) site and you can see that Joomla is being wrapped around WHMCS while preserving the functionality of the WHMCS system. This permits you to rely on WHMCS' registration, order process and module activation without interference from Joomla.

We do provide support including installation and configuration assistance and we can work with you to get everything up and running. For most customers there may be occassional css or javascript conflicts (due to the nature of combining two different system) and we can usually resolve or assist without issue.

We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee (www.gohigheris.com/policies/commercial-eula#refunds) if you are not satisfied.

We also have two different methods to purchase - you can order a leased license and pay a monthly fee or purchase the license. If you wanted to get a leased license and then within 30 days wanted to upgrade to an owned license, just let us know and we will apply the initial $35 fee for the leased license to the cost of the owned license.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions or assist further in any way.

Thanks!
Steven
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds