Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How well does I3 integrate with Community Builder

How well does I3 integrate with Community Builder 2 years 5 months ago #6952

• george
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm currently using Community Builder and have a lot invested in having CB be the main component which I use to manage my members, logins, profile data etc.

I'm new to WHMCS so I have a few questions:

1. I want to integrate WHMCS and Cpanel for my end users within Joomla. As well as have OpenSRS handle my domain name registrations (I'm guessing through their API via WHMCS). How do I make all this happen?

1.A - I'm guessing hosting/Cpanel management by my end users will be independent via a Cpanel login?

1.B - And that domain name management will be done by WHMCS within Joomla using your Integrator 3 plugin?

2. How well does Integrator 3 integrate while having Community Builder as the main component used to manage members and logins? Does it work with CB?

3. I will have more Joomla/CB users than I will have domain and hosting clients. So some clients will not be registered via WHMCS or have Cpanel accounts. So ideally I would like to have Joomla/CB be my main authenticator for logins/sessions and if a user also exists in WHMCS it will log them in there too and provide additional modules/links etc. Is this possible?

4. And if a client does not have domain or hosting, give them the option to sign-up / register for these services (hopefully, by passing their existing profile information into WHMCS if possible). Is this possible?

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How well does I3 integrate with Community Builder 2 years 5 months ago #6953

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi George,

Thank you for the questions concerning integration using I3 and CB / Joomla and WHMCS. Let me address them point by point for you:

> 1. I want to integrate WHMCS and Cpanel for my end users within Joomla. As well as have OpenSRS handle my domain name registrations (I'm guessing through their API via WHMCS). How do I make all this happen?
You can use either Integrator 3 or J!WHMCS Integrator. Both products would wrap your Joomla site around your WHMCS site and bridge users from one to the other. This permits WHMCS to handle all the functions that WHMCS would handle such as domain registrations and communicating with OpenSRS, while Joomla handles the look and feel of your site.

> 1.A - I'm guessing hosting/Cpanel management by my end users will be independent via a Cpanel login?
That is correct - if you have a cPanel server then WHMCS would create the hosting account at which point they would need to log into their domain:2082/2083 to manage their account.

> 1.B - And that domain name management will be done by WHMCS within Joomla using your Integrator 3 plugin?
Sort of... Yes the domain name management would be handled within WHMCS, but WHMCS will only appear to be embedded within Joomla, it won't actually be located in Joomla. You can see what I mean at: geti3.com/demo/whmcs/ The WHMCS app is installed in a folder called 'whmcs' while Joomla is in 'joomla'.

> 2. How well does Integrator 3 integrate while having Community Builder as the main component used to manage members and logins? Does it work with CB?
I can tell you that I3 may not work with CB as expected. I believe I3 would work in terms of log ins and log outs, but it would not be able to bridge the user data from CB over to WHMCS. In addition, if the password in the Joomla User account is managed by CB, this may present an additional problem when logging in.

> 3. I will have more Joomla/CB users than I will have domain and hosting clients. So some clients will not be registered via WHMCS or have Cpanel accounts. So ideally I would like to have Joomla/CB be my main authenticator for logins/sessions and if a user also exists in WHMCS it will log them in there too and provide additional modules/links etc. Is this possible?
Yes, you can set the I3 application to add the users when they log in, or to not add them at log in. Adding them when they log in is ideal so they aren't aware they are being added to another system, but you can do it either way.

> 4. And if a client does not have domain or hosting, give them the option to sign-up / register for these services (hopefully, by passing their existing profile information into WHMCS if possible). Is this possible?
Unfortunately I3 wouldn't pull the user data from CB or Joomla upon registration or purchase in WHMCS. They would need to register for services on WHMCS (unless you set it up above in #3 that they already had an account when they log in).

I hope that helps answer your questions - I apologize for the delay in getting back to you on them.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds