Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JBlesta Questions

JBlesta Questions 1 year 8 months ago #7069

• Jam
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I have a company that is currently considering a transition from WHMCS to Blesta and want to include an integrated Joomla CMS to act as the main/support areas of the site.

My questions are:
  1. Is J!Blesta up to date with the current Joomla! and Blesta versions?
  2. Is J!Blesta under active development or is it being tuned out for J!WHMCS?
  3. Does this make any core changes to Blesta or Joomla that may need modification with updates?
Are we allowed to modify JBlesta plugin code (if necessary) for our own use? Is anything other than licensing encrypted?
  • Relating to the "Leased" option. We want the leased option to begin with to evaluate J!Blesta but notice there is a required installation fee. We only use a local AMP install for evaluation and development that cannot be externally accessed. Can this fee be waived and can we install the plugin ourselves?
  • Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Jam.
    The administrator has disabled public write access.

JBlesta Questions 1 year 7 months ago #7070

• Steven
    • Administrator
    • Thank you received: 60
    Hi and thanks for the questions concerning our J!Blesta product.

I can tell you that J!Blesta does support both Blesta 3.4 and Joomla 3.4 and is kept up to date with the latest changes from both Joomla and Blesta as those changes are rolled out.

There are no core changes to Joomla, the product operates within the bounds of the framework without making core changes. There are no major core changes made to Blesta, the only minor adjustment relates to the modification of the structure.pdt template files in a few folders located in the app folder. Those changes are open sourced and are not encoded.

The Blesta portion of the plugin code itself is encoded using IonCube while the Joomla side is kept open sourced.

The installation fee on the leased license is more of a setup fee than an installation fee - it is only $25 but does help us to cover the cost of the initial support, provide hands on support and configuration if needed and further development. If you were to upgrade from the leased license to the full license within 30 days, we would apply the initial $35 paid for the leased license towards the cost of the full license and as always, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee should you not be satisfied with the product.

Please let me know if I can assist in any way.
    Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
    If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
    The administrator has disabled public write access.
    Time to create page: 0.030 seconds