Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

JWHMCS and SSL Certs 9 months 3 weeks ago #7150

I'm trying to find out about Joomla being installed in one Domain (Main Domain) and WHMCS being installed in a Subdomain, and SSL Certifications.

I had an SSL on the main domain. It was a single domain SSL, I noticed that the JWHMCS didn't appear to show that the site was secure when in the JWHCMS pages. So I cancelled the SSL for the main site and put it on the WHMCS Site (SubDomain). But If I set the WHMCS system to use the SSL (HTTPS://) settings it doesn't show up in the Joomla environment, It sends the user to a quasi screwed up version of the page.

How do I set it up to allow the JWHMCS site to show as secured.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

JWHMCS and SSL Certs 9 months 3 weeks ago #7151

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Thanks for this great question. J!WHMCS Integrator includes a setting to work with this issue.

So when using an SSL certificate with WHMCS (which I would recommend for sure), if you have your WHMCS installed in a subdomain and your Joomla site on another subdomain (ie vs then when viewing the page in WHMCS you will see the styling, images and javascript from Joomla will not be rendered. This is because your browser will not display mixed content (and shouldn't). This is akin to having an SSL page but submitting a form that doesn't use SSL, your browser will warn you.

To get around this problem, you will need to follow the "Handling Split Server Installations" guide found at:

If you are able to reissue the SSL certificate and aren't committed to the subdomain setup, I'd recommend changing it to be a subfolder rather than a subdomain as the setup and maintenance is much easier. Another option would be to use a wildcard certificate like we use on our site (we started with subdomains instead of subfolders and had to stick with them, else we would have moved to subfolders). Of course wildcard certificates are considerably more expensive.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds