Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: J!WHMCS Integrator v2.5

J!WHMCS Integrator v2.5 3 years 5 months ago #6483

• new.user
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Very excited to hear about the upcoming release! Sounds like some incredible improvements!

Just a couple of quick questions about it...
1. Any even rough ETA? :)
2. Would it be safe to assume that login, page loads, etc., will see speed improvements as a result of the more streamlined approach in 2.5?

Can hardly wait! Thank you for constantly improving and keeping your products moving forward!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

J!WHMCS Integrator v2.5 3 years 5 months ago #6484

• new.user
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Oh, well...guess that answers that. :(

J!WHMCS Integrator v2.5 3 years 5 months ago #6486

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
I sincerely apologize for not getting a response to you on this... we are in the midst of a server transfer along with addressing some upgrades necessary on our site that have prevented me from getting to this. Please accept my apology.

Regarding the questions you posed, I honestly don't have an ETA, but I can tell you that I have most of the core functionality in place and need to do some more "fleshing out" to get features and options in place. In addition, I have yet to port it over to Joomla 3.1, and while there aren't a lot of changes between 2.5 and 3.1 (in terms of the cores), there are some minor differences. Cleaning up the old code is also still in order. I am shooting for getting a beta out by the end of this month for users to try beta testing.

I am actually surprised at the improvements I have seen locally - among the improvements:
1) More logical retrieval of content - Registered content gets pulled properly as does user data
2) Page loads are improved - I don't have a metric on it yet, but it is noticeably improved.
3) Logins are quick - I've done away with the "Logging In" with the blue bar... now the pages load rapidly and I can say that the login process with J!WHMCS 2.5 operating adds maybe a second or two to the WHMCS login process... still have to finish the Joomla side but I expect it to be similar.

Along with all this, we are going to move in a different direction for bug tracking / reporting, documentation and code review. These will take a little bit of time to get in place but once done, we'll be able to move forward with the beta release.

My goal with J!WHMCS is to:
1) Simplify
2) Improve Support Capabilities
3) Abandon support for Joomla! 1.5
4) Simplify

Current versions are very dependent on legacy code to work with Joomla! 1.5 which hinders the development going forward. We will still support Joomla! 1.5 for J!WHMCS 2.4 versions for a time, but future releases will have to let go of Joomla! 1.5.

I hope that helps answer any questions... I'm really excited about it and can't wait to roll it out for our customers :)
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds