Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wordpress Connection Issue

Wordpress Connection Issue 3 years 6 months ago #6443

Before I start. I just wanted to make a small point on expectation. Once I've bought something and money has changed hands, I expect what I bought to work straight away, unfortunately this hasn't happened. Time is of the essence so I'm now weighing up whether I should immediately ditch this and try to get a refund or work through the issues over a time period I'm not clear on.

I know how difficult it is to get a product off the ground so I'll run with it in the short term. If easy and quick fixes then great... if not, then I would like a refund.

OK. Have followed the documentation instructions exactly, However, when I try and connect in Integrator I get the following error message:

Error Message
Message returned: While attempting to perform API Credential Test task, Wordpress says `API user permissions not set high enough`
`Wordpress` Deactivated

Can you advise as to what I need to do to fix this?

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wordpress Connection Issue 3 years 6 months ago #6450

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
I completely understand and want to get you squared away as well.

Regarding the API message, be sure you have set up the API user as follows in our documentation at:

If you have done so (and the user has admin privileges) then I'll need to know what version of Wordpress you are using so I can verify or replicate locally, else I'll need to open a ticket for you to get this handled directly. The error message indicates that the user is authenticating, but that it doesn't belong to the correct user group to perform necessary functions.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds