Support Services

Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Update Needed

Update Needed 3 years 6 months ago #6445

Within the application (top right) I am told that there is an update available. If I click on the red 'Update Available!' box, I'm taken to the updates page where I can 'Update Now'.

When I click on the 'Update Now' link/button I get the following error message:

Error Message
An error occurred downloading the update. The following message was sent back by the update handler: `Unable to extract the archive ``: ZIP File is corrupted or empty`

Do I need to update? If so can you check the file...

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Update Needed 3 years 6 months ago #6446

Hi Honestgorilla,

Have you try hand update ? download in your computer, and add in your server file...

Update Needed 3 years 6 months ago #6452

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi honestgorillas,

Check your setting in the Global Configuration for the temporary directory and ensure that it is writable by the application. That error message indicates that either the archive wasn't able to be downloaded to the tmp folder due to a permissions issue or once downloaded, the permissions on the files for I3 on the server do not permit the application to overwrite itself (would be due to the application running as one user, but the files uploaded as another).

Downloading the archive file and uploading them manually in place will work - if you are running 3.0.13, then you shouldn't need to update the application, it may be one of the connections are causing a problem or not indicating what version they are running that is triggering the Update Available message.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds