Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla

User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla 2 years 10 months ago #6809

• jparker3119
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a user with username This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and password xxxxxxx registered via WHMCS. The user was registered prior to installing J!WHMCS.
Using the J!WHMCS WHMCS login, the user can see whmcs within the Joomla template. However the user is not registered in the Joomla User DB and cannot view the registered users section of Joomla.
The settings in WHMCS are:
User Integration
  • User Integration: Enabled
  • Add missing user to BOTH
  • Registration Method: WHMCS Registration form
  • Username Style: User Email Address

• Login Integration: Enabled

The Settings in Joomla are:

Enable User Bridging: YES
New User Activation: YES
Add missing users to BOTH
New Username Patter: Same as email address

Please advise.
Thanks,
Jim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla 2 years 10 months ago #6810

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi Jim,

If the user logs in on the front end, you are saying that J!WHMCS is not creating the user as expected in Joomla?

In WHMCS go to Utilities > Logs > Module Logs and Enable Module Logging. Then try logging in again on the front end (be sure not to also be in the WHMCS admin area in the same browser due to session issues with WHMCS).

Then go back into WHMCS > Utilities > Logs > Module Logs and see if there are any responses from Joomla reported there for creating the user. If the response is blank (ie no error message at all) try going into WHMCS > Addons > JWHMCS > Settings > Advanced and Enable "Force POST to GET" and try again. You may have safe_mode or open_basedir enabled on your server and the account creation variables may be getting lost on redirections.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla 2 years 10 months ago #6811

• jparker3119
  • Junior Boarder
Steven,

(FYI: To the see the live side of the site, just use the URL az-soho.net/index.php )

Apparently either the Joomla user DB is not immediately updated when a user is created using the WHMCS interface, or I just missed the fact that the user had been created. At any rate, I found that the user had been created in Joomla as well and the following:

Although a user can register using the WHMCS interface, the user cannot log in using the WHMCS login interface. Instead the user must use the Joomla Login interface.

Is the above the correct method of operation? If so, then I need to disable the WHMCS based login found at [My Portal] -> Manage Your Account -> Secure Client Login, correct?

======================================================
The following was provided using the WHMCS login and prior to my determining that the Joomla Login module would work.

First let me clarify the situation.

The first time I tested it was with a user registered in WHMCS prior to the installation of JWHMCS. As I understand it, JWHMCS will automatically synchronize users in both Joomla and WHMCS DBs. But this is presently not the case.

So, the second time, I created a new user in Joomla using the WHMCS/Joomla interface. A user was correctly created in the WHMCS database. Interestingly, the new user was immediately able to view menu tabs that were restricted to registered users in Joomla which would seemingly indicate that the user was now registered in the Joomla user DB as well. However, after logging out and trying to log back in again, the following message was displayed.

"Login Details Incorrect. Please try again."

and after looking at the users in the Joomla Admin Interface, I found that the user had not been created in the Joomla user DB after all.

I did as you suggested and enabled Module Logging which resulted in the following response which was repeated three times:

Module: jwhmcs - api:render Rendering Successfuly retrived site from Joomla API

I then enabled "Force POST to Get" which did not solve the problem.

Regards,
Jim
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by jparker3119. Reason: Further updating

User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla 2 years 10 months ago #6812

• Steven
  • Administrator
Hi Jim,

The user is supposed to be able to log in using either their Joomla credentials or their WHMCS credentials from either a Joomla login form or a WHMCS login form. You don't need to disable any log in forms for the product to work.

Just to be sure, your Joomla usernames are standard usernames and not email addresses correct?

It sounds like everything is configured properly - the next place to look is in the plugin manager. Isolate the 'User' type plugins and see what you have active. Ideally you should only have User - Joomla and User - JWHMCS active. If you have User - K2 try disabling it, as it has been known to cause problems on the user integration end of things. If you have any other User level plugins, disable them and try logging in to see if it is one of the plugins.

At this point it sounds like the API is connecting properly, so everything should be working as expected.

User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla 2 years 10 months ago #6813

• jparker3119
  • Junior Boarder
Concerning your question "...your Joomla usernames are standard usernames and not email addresses correct?"

The way I originally had it planned to setup was to use the WHMCS registration and login/logout for both Joomla and WHMCS. It is my understanding that with the WHMCS->J!WHMCS Integrator -> Settings -> User Integration -> Username Style -> User Email Address setting, that the username in both the Joomla DB and WHMCS DB would be set to the email address. And apparently this is the way that it is working, so I don't believe there is a problem related to this point.

I think that there are two major points.
1. Since my WHMCS user DB is older than the Joomla user DB, users that were registered in the WHMCS DB prior to the installation of JWHMCS/Joomla need to be registered in the Joomla user DB as well. I assumed that this would occur automatically. Apparently it doesn't, or is there some setting I am missing? It is not a major problem for me, if I am required to manually create Joomla accounts for these limited number of users. I just need to know if I am missing a step here or if every thing is ok and that I need to do it manually.
2. The way that I have it presently setup, registration of new accounts proceeds normally with the user being created in both WHMCS and JWHMCS. The setup that works is: Register using WHMCS registration and login/logout using the native Joomla login/logout module. The setup that does not work is: Register using WHMCS registration and login/logout using the WHMCS login/logout module. This is not really an issue with me since the Joomla login/logout module provides for a better user interface. However, it may point to a misconfiguration on my part which, if it is the case, I would like to configure correctly.

Which brings us to your point related to the Joomla User Plugins. The User Plugins are setup as follows:
User - EasyBlog Users -> Enabled
User - Profile -> Disabled
User - Jomsocial User -> Enabled
User - Contact Creator -> Disabled
User - Joomla! -> Enabled
User - JWHMCS -> Enabled

It's possible that either the EasyBlog or Jomsocial plugin is the culprit, but as long as I can create a user using the WHMCS registration and login using the Joomla module without any problems, I don't believe I need to worry about not being able to use the WHMCS login/logout module.

If you are in agreement with this, I think we can consider #2 as solved.

Thanks!
Jim
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by jparker3119. Reason: clarification

User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla 2 years 10 months ago #6815

• Steven
  • Administrator
Thank you for the detailed explanation of what's going on, it really does help. I'll address the two major points first:

1) You shouldn't have to add the user into Joomla, the user should be automatically added into Joomla when they log in for the first time. If your old WHMCS users are able to log in without issue, disregard the rest of this first point.

If an old user that doesn't exist in Joomla is unable to log in, then it is pointing to coding or logic flaw, and from what you described as your settings for the username, it may be that the User Email Address setting is the cause. If you change this to 'random' see if that fixes the log in issue.

2) Try disabling the EasyBlog and JomSocial plugins to see if when registering the account gets created, if it does then we know they are causing some problems. This may also however be pointing back to the User Email Address setting for the username. If Joomla / JomSocial / EasyBlog won't accept an email address as a username, then it would reject account creation entirely. If with the EasyBlog or JomSocial plugins disabled you are able to register a user, try re-enabling them and changing the Username setting to Random and see if the account can be created.

My suspicion is the Use Email Address option... just my guess at this point.

User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla 2 years 10 months ago #6829

• jparker3119
  • Junior Boarder
I switched from email address for user name to random. This appears to be operating correctly.

I would like to think of this as a temporary method even though it does provide higher security. For clients, however, it is somewhat inconvenient.....if only more people would use keypasss or some similar software to administrate their passwords.

Is there any hope that usage of email addresses for usernames will become possible in the future?

Thanks,
Jim

User registered via WHMCS not registered in Joomla 2 years 10 months ago #6830

• Steven
  • Administrator
I will certainly address it in upcoming releases; something I just thought about - if you move the Authentication - Joomla plugin to be first instead of Authentication - JWHMCS, then it may permit the email authentication.

Is it setting up the accounts okay, just not authenticating them?
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds