Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questions concerning username logins

Questions concerning username logins 2 years 10 months ago #6838

• jparker3119
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Steven,
In an earlier support request, I posted a problem with the automated usage of using email addresses for logins. You suggested that I try the random function for generating usernames. I did and that worked. However I find that this now requires users to use email addresses to be able to log in using the WHMCS login and the automated random username to login using the Joomla login module. I suppose I could avoid this by commenting out the WHMCS login in the homepage.tpl and telling registered user to use the Joomla login in the upper righthand corner but it doesn't seem like that good a solution.

But if nothing is done clients will be confused by the two different requirements.

Which brings me to the next question. If I change the setup in WHMCS J!WHMCS settings for usernames, will this automatically reset usernames for presently registered users in both Joomla and WHMCS DBs or do I need to edit one or the other of them in the WHMCS or Joomla admin interface?

Thanks,
Jim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions concerning username logins 2 years 10 months ago #6839

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi Jim,

Your users shouldn't need to use their random usernames when signing in from Joomla. If you have the Authentication - JWHMCS plugin active and first in execution order in Joomla > Extensions > Plugins then a user should be able to use their email / password from Joomla or WHMCS, and they'll correctly be matched up and logged in (assuming they authenticate).

To your question, if you change the setting for creating usernames, then no, it won't reset the current user's usernames to use their email instead. This setting only affects new users created when they aren't in Joomla already.

Still, they should be able to use their email / password from WHMCS to authenticate and log in from anywhere in Joomla or WHMCS. Is this not happening? Be sure the API is connecting from Joomla to WHMCS (Joomla > Components > JWHMCS > API Settings). If that is working, and you are sure the password is correct in WHMCS then there must be something interfering in the login / authentication process that I would need to see to diagnose.

Thanks,
Steven
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds