Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Possible CSS overide issue?

Possible CSS overide issue? 2 years 1 month ago #7004

• Dtorr1981
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

I was hoping someone may be able to help with what is probably a really simple issue. It seems that when i click on a menu item that links to a WHMCS page the active menu class is not working (i.e. the active menu item background is not changing colour) but if i click to go to the home page of my joomla site and/or click on hosting (when not logged in) the active menu item is highlighted.

Could this be related to the JWHMCS installation?

I have tried using a custom css module in joomla but this seems to change the WHMCS css. The code is:
.gkMenu > ul > li.active:hover > a, .gkMenu > ul > li.active:active > a, .gkMenu > ul > li.active:focus > a, .gkMenu > ul > li.active > a {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #7fb3ef !Important;
}

Any help would be most appreciated. My Domain is www.detorr.co.uk

Best Regards
Donna
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Dtorr1981.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Possible CSS overide issue? 2 years 1 month ago #7005

• Dtorr1981
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, well i have looked a bit further and if i physically type the 'active' class into the php files then the menu acts accordingly.

I have created a custom.css and input the following code:
.navbar-inner > ul > li.active:hover > a, .navbar-inner > ul > li.active:active > a, .navbar-inner > ul > li.active:focus > a, .navbar-inner > ul > li.active > a {
    background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #7FB3EF;
}

But still it doesnt change. I don't usually dabble in this sort of thing (i just change colours where necessary) but i would really like the links to the whmcs pages in my Main menu to take on the same characteristics as the joomla menu.

Do i need to edit the header.tpl as that is where i am looking but im stumped if i know what to do next?

Thank you again.

Donna

Possible CSS overide issue? 2 years 1 month ago #7006

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Hi Donna,

Have you worked with Firebug within Firefox before or the developer control panel in Chrome? Both offer excellent layouts for how css rules are applied to elements on an HTML page. What may be happening is the precedence of the WHMCS tags is higher than the code you are using. When J!WHMCS wraps around WHMCS, it must update the WHMCS CSS code so that .navbar-inner within the wrapped portion gets styled, but if there is an element outside the wrapped portion it doesn't get styled. To accomplish this, I've added an ID to a div tag that wraps all WHMCS content:
#jwhmcswrapper

This tag should be prefixed to your various classes, so in the code you have posted, it would become:
#jwhmcswrapper .navbar-inner > ul > li.active:hover > a,
#jwhmcswrapper .navbar-inner > ul > li.active:active > a,
#jwhmcswrapper .navbar-inner > ul > li.active:focus > a,
#jwhmcswrapper .navbar-inner > ul > li.active > a {
    background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #7FB3EF;
}

That should force the background of the wrapped navbar li tags and links to take on the background you are declaring.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds