Fast and professional to support your business
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: All systems are go but no visual integration

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7010

• colatm
  • Fresh Boarder
I've tried about everything I can find here in the forums to fix this but all to no avail. I've setup a new install and I'm using the version up to the latest release within my support date which is v. 2.5.11.

All checks are coming up "Yes" and api and integration all are good in Joomla 3.3.6. I've tried every setting in the advanced tab on and off. I've tried firefox 33 and IE 10. I am attaching a screenshot of the m=jwhmcs rendering which is empty while debug is On in both jwhmcs-joomla and jwhmcs-whmcs.

At a loss as to what's going on.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7011

• Steven
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 60
Is the API able to connect up from WHMCS to Joomla? Also, can you verify that the page that is being retrieved by J!WHMCS is a public page and not a registered page? If it's requiring a login that would cause it to fail to render anything back.
Stars on the Joomla! Extension Directory are always appreciated
If you found this response useful, don't forget to hit Thank You!

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7012

• colatm
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply, Steven.

The API is connected but now the Addons are not showing up in WMCS. They are present, active and configured but suddenly don't show up under the Addons menu. The files are still on the server and they're present in the DB. I have the menu item set to the Main Menu -> WHMCS Client Area which is public.

I noticed that when I'm at ~joomla.foo/whmcs/ that the page source is completely absent any template data such as joomla/template/templatename/css/style.css.

Note: I'm using the same theme as your demo site.

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7013

• Steven
  • Administrator
The API is connected but now the Addons are not showing up in WMCS. They are present, active and configured but suddenly don't show up under the Addons menu.

This sounds like the addons need to be assigned to your administrator role. Within WHMCS > Setup > Addon Modules, click on the 'Configure' button next to the J!WHMCS Integrator. Be sure your administrator group (typically Full Administrator) is checked. If not, check it and hit save. It should then show up at the top under Addons.

I also suspect this is causing the visual integration not to work - if you don't have access to configure the product on the WHMCS side of things, it won't be complete. The settings in Joomla are only half of the product install I'm afraid.

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7014

• colatm
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks again, Steven.

I did the admin checkbox as well. I can now see the modules and I have both apiadmin and admin checked in whmcs. However, in Joomla I'm using only the apiadmin and apiadmin password.

I noticed that when I click the joomla menu item or directly paste the joomla address to the whmcs install "www.domain.foo/index.php?option=com_jwhmcs&view=link&Itemid=254" that it immediate goes to the whmcs client area but the URL changes to the direct whmcs address "www.domain.foo.com/portal/clientarea.php". Don't know if that's significant but it would seem as though that would mean no Joomla info is being called.

Ps: I do have full WHMCS access.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by colatm.

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7015

• Steven
  • Administrator
I noticed that when I click the joomla menu item or directly paste the joomla address to the whmcs install "www.domain.foo/index.php?option=com_jwhmcs&view=link&Itemid=254" that it immediate goes to the whmcs client area but the URL changes to the direct whmcs address "www.domain.foo.com/portal/clientarea.php". Don't know if that's significant but it would seem as though that would mean no Joomla info is being called.

That's actually the way it's intended to work... so the menu item will redirect you to WHMCS, but once on WHMCS it is supposed to fetch that menu item from Joomla and wrap it around WHMCS.

Do you have your Joomla site in 'offline' mode? Also, do you have sh404sef, mijosef or RS Firewall (or other sef / firewall solutions) installed in Joomla?

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7016

• colatm
  • Fresh Boarder
No on all counts.

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7017

• Steven
  • Administrator
Is the System - JWHMCS plugin active in Joomla? If that's not active it won't wrap...

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7018

• colatm
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes and I just noticed this shows up quite a bit in the web error log "File does not exist: ~/portal/modules/addons/jwhmcs/assets/admin.css".

All systems are go but no visual integration 2 years 3 weeks ago #7019

• Steven
  • Administrator
That's odd... are you able to actually save settings into the J!WHMCS > Addons > Settings area?

The file error though sounds like it could be an issue with files not having been uploaded entirely. In the /modules/addons/jwhmcs folder, you should have a number of folders and files.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds