Many of you have heard there are a couple of updates available the past few days for Joomla!, but there is one of particular concern that you should address immediately.
- All Joomla! versions of 1.5.26 (currently at end of life)
- Joomla! version 2.5.13 and below
- Joomla! version 3.1.4 and below
How to fix versions 2.5 and 3.1
- Log into your Joomla! administration backend with a super user account
- Navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager
- Click on Updates
- Click on Find New Updates
- Navigate to Components > Joomla Update
- Perform the update
But I'm running Joomla! 1.5.26!?! What do I do!?!
A patch has been provided though unofficially it seems. You can download the patch here:
Then extract the file to your computer and upload the files to your Joomla! site. Be sure you are already running version 1.5.26 as I'm not 100% sure this will work on other versions (there may have been changes in the files between versions).